Bee Movie

Started by Fernando, April 22, 2005, 02:40:11 PM

Fernando

Zellweger likes Bees
Source: Entertainment Weekly April 21, 2005

Cinderella Man star Renée Zellweger will voice a character in Jerry Seinfeld's Bee Movie this summer.

"It's an animated feature... [that] he wrote and will produce and star in. It's fantastic, so smart," says the Oscar winner. "I'm playing the florist,'' Zellweger adds. ''I'll pop in for a little while in June. I look forward to spending some time and bouncing ideas off the wall with him.''

The DreamWorks computer-animated feature will be set in an anthropomorphized world of bees.

"I have always been fascinated by bee society, the world's most harmoniously run organization, and now I finally am going to be in it," Seinfeld said when the project was announced. "The enthusiasm of Jeffrey Katzenberg and Steven Spielberg for this idea is the main reason I decided to do it."

MacGuffin

Seinfeld Writes Animated Tale 'Bee Movie'

Jerry Seinfeld is going the Bee-movie route. Seinfeld has written the cartoon comedy "Bee Movie," for which he will provide the key voice, and also will produce the tale for DreamWorks Animation.

The all-star voice cast also includes Renee Zellweger, Robert Duvall, Uma Thurman, Kathy Bates, Eric Idle, Oprah Winfrey, William H. Macy, Alan Arkin and Larry King.

"Bee Movie" follows a bee just out of college who sues humanity for mass theft of his winged species' honey. Steve Hickner ("The Prince of Egypt") and Simon J. Smith ("Shrek 4-D") will co-direct.

DreamWorks said Thursday it has slotted "Bee Movie" for release Nov. 2, 2007, following the May 18, 2007, debut of the studio's third "Shrek" film.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

First Peek at Seinfeld's Bee Movie
Source: Animated News

Animated News has posted screenshots of a Bee Movie preview which is included on the new Over the Hedge DVD.

Jerry Seinfeld co-wrote, produced and is voicing the DreamWorks Animation project, not hitting theaters until November 2, 2007. The animated-comedy will also feature the voices of Renée Zellweger, Matthew Broderick, John Goodman, Megan Mullally, Kathy Bates, Alan Arkin, William H. Macy, Tim Blake Nelson, Patrick Warburton and Oprah Winfrey.

http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00005631.html
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

I'm so excited about this... the graphics look very good... but I cant wait to see some animation!

Ravi

I wonder if George Bzztanza is going to make an appearance.

MacGuffin

Teaser Trailer

Release Date: Nov. 2, 2007

Starring: Jerry Seinfeld, Renée Zellweger, Alan Arkin, Kathy Bates, Matthew Broderick, John Goodman, Larry King, William H. Macy, Megan Mullally, Tim Blake Nelson, Patrick Warburton, Oprah Winfrey

Directed by: Stephen Hickner, Simon J. Smith 

Premise: Barry B. Benson is a graduate bee fresh out of college who is disillusioned at his lone career choice: making honey. On a rare trip outside the hive, Barry's life is saved by Vanessa, a florist in New York City. As their relationship blossoms, he discovers humans are mass consumers of honey and decides to sue the human race for stealing bees' honey.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

I dont know why I missed this... just saw it... very funny... and cool not to show any of the actual movie

Ravi

They showed that trailer on The Daily Show when Seinfeld was the guest.

Shitty title.  Too similar to Scary Movie, Date Movie, and the upcoming Epic Movie.

©brad

nah dude, the title is great in this case.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

A Matter Of Chance

whatever. that trailer was great.

©brad

Quote from: Pubrick on December 29, 2006, 09:42:15 AM
nah dude, it's not.

i thought it was a cute play on a "b-movie," like it's not a b-movie, but a bee-movie. right? anyone else think that was funny? anyone? is this mic on?

oh whatever, let's just move on.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

yelling isn't funny. everything else is.
under the paving stones.

Kal

The thing with Seinfeld is that he makes me laugh even when he is not being funny.

And Spielberg cant act, and I think he intentionally makes it worse to be funny. This was similar to when he was in Austin Powers.

I dont know if it will be great, but this is the animated movie of the year for me.