"We Are" Spot

Started by md, February 15, 2010, 05:08:00 PM

md

Hey guys, check out a recent commercial I directed for the city of Rochester's Democrat and Chronicle Newspaper.  We shot it on a 5d/7d during a 3 day shooting schedule. 

http://www.vimeo.com/9419427
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

matt35mm

Neato.  Always great to see XIXAXers out there making stuff.

Reinhold

i sent it to my family cause i know it's gonna make them miss rochester like nothin else. it's a highlight reel of the city and i dig it... did you pick the content at all?
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

mogwai

Good one, liked it a lot! I knew people that live in Rochester. It makes me wanna stalk them more after watching this.

Just kidding... they don't live in Rochester!

md

to think as a little boy I would one day grow and up and induce stalking for my man mogwai has really made the journey come full circle ;)

We shot with the 5d/7d in and around Rochester and had a game plan to hit up all the local spots everyone knows and loves.  I can't speak enough about the versatility of the 5d.  Its a great little camera and I recently saw a clip where they were using it in primetime tv, numb3rs and 24, I believe.  Appreciate the comments though, it was fun to make. 
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

Reinhold

Quote from: email from my auntIt's funny you should send this link to me tonight.  About three minutes ago, I watched it on YouTube when someone ... sent it to me because our friend Dennis (employee at D&C) is the first face seen in the video!  Cool!
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

I Love a Magician

this all looks really great. love how smooth everything is.