Gary oldman

Started by AlguienEstolamiPantalones, March 28, 2003, 04:11:27 AM

meatball

Chest Rockwell

I can't wait forPrisoner of Azkaban. I'm probably the only one here who'll ever say this, but I like Harry Potter movies. There, I said it.

Pubrick

Quote from: Chest RockwellI can't wait forPrisoner of Azkaban. I'm probably the only one here who'll ever say this, but I like Harry Potter movies. There, I said it.
lost of ppl hav said it.
under the paving stones.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

meatball

Happy 46th to Gary.

MacGuffin

Gary Oldman in The Longest Yard Remake
Source: The Hollywood Reporter

Gary Oldman (Batman Begins, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban) is in talks to join Adam Sandler, Chris Rock and Burt Reynolds in the remake of The Longest Yard, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The original 1974 comedy-drama movie also starred Reynolds, as an incarcerated former pro quarterback who is asked by a sadistic warden (Eddie Albert) to put together a team of inmates to play a team of burly guards.

In the Paramount remake, Sandler will fill Reynolds' boots, Oldman will play the warden, Rock a caretaker and Reynolds a coach. It is being directed by Peter Segal, who most recently worked with Sandler in 50 First Dates.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Morton Hits Out at Oldman

British actress Samantha Morton has hit out at countryman Gary Oldman - for refusing to read a low-budget film script. The In America star, 27, has blasted big-budget actors for being swayed only by cash when choosing their next film role. And is furious her own reputation has suffered simply because she's eager to make honest and credible films. Morton says, "I used to be, and still am, considered very difficult. I think, 'What is difficult?' If I'm put in an uncomfortable environment, I become defensive. We really want Gary Oldman for a part in my next film, River Queen, but we cannot even get him a script because he won't read anything we send him unless we offer him a million. I mean, how sad is that? These actors get people to do everything for them and five years down the line they don't know how to pay their bills or even cook their own food."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

This is a trailer for a real movie which went straight-to-video in 2003, starring Matthew McConaughey, Kate Beckinsale, and Gary Oldman as McConaughey's twin brother.  His twin brother who also happens to be a dwarf.

The movie is called "Tiptoes".

I repeat: this is a REAL MOVIE.
My house, my rules, my coffee

john

By Matthew Bright... which, at the very least, makes it intriguing.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

SiliasRuby

Oh, I'm definitely getting it on DVD.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Ghostboy

I think Matthew Bright completely disassociated himself from the movie - he had written what I'm guessing was a pretty biting and unsentimental screenplay that I think was taken away from him during production and turned into....well, that trailer, which looks like it encapsulates the entire movie.

john

Are there any comprehensive articles on Bright that you know of?

Freeway was pretty great, but it seems like everything he's done so far has been compromised in some regard. If I remember correctly. Freeway 2 and Ted Bundy both have some intriguing moments, but ultimately feel a bit muddled. Not sure if this is Bright's fault, or the fault of their producers.

Though Vincent Gallo did say Bright was a junkie who nodded off during most of the Freeway 2 shoot, so - if he's to be believed - maybe the blame does fall on Bright.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

polkablues

Quote from: polkablues on April 29, 2009, 05:18:24 PM

This is a trailer for a real movie which went straight-to-video in 2003, starring Matthew McConaughey, Kate Beckinsale, and Gary Oldman as McConaughey's twin brother.  His twin brother who also happens to be a dwarf.

The movie is called "Tiptoes".

I repeat: this is a REAL MOVIE.

Holy shit, this thing is available to watch on Hulu now.  I need to get wasted and watch it sometime.
My house, my rules, my coffee