Bernardo Bertolucci

Started by thadius sterling, June 27, 2005, 08:07:06 PM

thadius sterling

I have only seen "Last Tango in Paris", but it had such a profound affect on me. It reminded me a bit of Eyes Wide Shut simply in the tone and psychology of it. I think it is my favorite Marlon Brando performance (2nd favorite being Kurtz in AN). I am hoping the rest of his films, without Brando, are as good. concidering it was Bertolucci's writing that was as good as Brando's delivery (in my opinion) I think they will be. I want to start with his most recent, The Dreamers, but I want to know if anyone can reccomend some of his movies and why? I hope Last Tango wasn't a happenstance. If the rest of his movies are as well done, I could become a big fan.

<EDIT>

Having gotten excited and doing some research, I found that Brando improvised most of his Dialogue. SO perhaps it IS a fluke, a happenstance? Having not seen any of his others, I don't know.

w/o horse

You're the first person I get to welcome to Xixax.

http://www.xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=3797

Welcome.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

thadius sterling

Wonderful! And thank you. This is by far the best bulletin board I've ever come across concerning film. Usually I'm just a lurker but this place has real opinions and taste and talent. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up :)

Having read the other thread I've decided to rent The Conformist ASAP

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: thadius sterlingThis is by far the best bulletin board I've ever come across concerning film.

Apparently, you've never been here.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Brazoliange

The Dreamers is my favorite movie
Long live the New Flesh

cowboykurtis

i thought the dreamers was terrible - lacked the eroticism of vintage bertolucci - also lacked any grace from his camera - i thought it was stilted, akward, and unengaging. M Pitt was terrible. There was really no element that made it a rewarding or enjoyable experiencce beside the occasional glimpse of Green's beautiful body.
...your excuses are your own...

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: cowboykurtisthe occasional glimpse of Green's beautiful body.

You must have only seen the R-rated version.

I didn't think it was terrible but the only thing I took away from the movie was that, with the Cinematheque factoring into the movie, I need to see more films in a theatre.

w/o horse

Quote from: cowboykurtisi thought the dreamers was terrible - lacked the eroticism of vintage bertolucci - also lacked any grace from his camera - i thought it was stilted, akward, and unengaging. M Pitt was terrible. There was really no element that made it a rewarding or enjoyable experiencce beside the occasional glimpse of Green's beautiful body.

I thought the movie was more about the unbridled but careless but passions of youth than eroticism, and I was quickly able to resonate with the movie.  It was a bit flat, yes, but I enjoyed its own passion.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Pubrick

yes, welcome to xixax, thadius. having read ur posts so far i think u are one of the rare breed, a good newb.

this thread has been done before, Losing the Horse did sumthing we like to call a "redirect". at this point we lock this thread, and continue the topic over there.

during ur stay u may find these functions useful:
http://xixax.com/search.php - which is kind of hidden in the bar across the top of the page.
- so u don't have to double post if it can be avoided.

:yabbse-thumbup:
under the paving stones.