Late Night with Jimmy Fallon

Started by cine, February 21, 2009, 02:13:11 PM

Bethie

poor guy. so nervous. like after his first joke in the monologue you could tell he didnt know it'd be so hard. I thought "lick it for 10" was stupid. like an snl sketch that never made it to air. why show an instant replay..what an unfunny time waster. i dont think fallon is that entertaining, so deniro isnt that great of a guest, fallon was lost. way to rely on timberlake to steal the show. "remember that one time on snl" poor fallon. he needs to take control. he'll learn... in a couple years. haha
who likes movies anyway

Fernando

and more than anything he looked uncomfortable, like it was the first time he was on national tv.

I've seen conan's first and he looked way more relaxed and natural.

Kal

Yeah it wasn't good, but I was expecting worse. Deniro didn't help. Let's see how he evolves during this week.

Awesome that he has The Roots though.

MacGuffin

Timberlake should have taken over the show. And, based on that clip for his MTV show, I hope he's giving Fincher kick backs for ripping off The Game.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

OrHowILearnedTo

Quote from: Cinephile on February 21, 2009, 03:20:36 PM
i must make a correction here.. i just realized that not only is AD Miles a writer, he is their HEAD writer.

noticed that Michael Showalter is also writing for the show  :shock:

MacGuffin

Fallon delivers big numbers to NBC
'Late Night' tops timeslot in ratings race
Source: Variety

Jimmy Fallon's debut as host of the "Late Night" franchise scored improved ratings for NBC on Monday, delivering the best Monday numbers in the timeslot in more than three years.

On a highly competitive night that saw rival programs in the hour on CBS and ABC well represented with high-profile guests, "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon" averaged a 2.3 rating/8 share in Nielsen's metered-market overnights. This was a 35% improvement over Monday's "Late Night" average this season (2.3 vs. 1.7).

The Fallon bow also rated higher than the premieres of other network latenight programs such as CBS' "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" in 2005 (1.8/7), the regular-slot debut of "Jimmy Kimmel Live" on ABC in 2003, and the 1999 bow of CBS' "Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn" (1.7/7).

Fallon's guests were Robert De Niro, Justin Timberlake and Van Morrison. CBS' "Late Late Show" featured Paris Hilton, and ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel" had the "Bachelor" himself, Jason Mesnick, on the night of that show's highly rated finale.

Fallon is taking over the 12:35 a.m. slot from Conan O'Brien, who will assume the "Tonight Show" chair in late spring.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

I'm afraid to watch this---even on hulu because of the reviews on here.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Bethie

I just keep thinking, this poor guy. He was SO happy to have Tina Fey on, he couldn't wait until she came out. then back to the "remember snl" schtick. the facebook thing was funny but I thought it would be about twitter with how much twitter has been in the news lately. I'll admit that I laughed at "50 and fabulous." Bloomberg was also good, but the taking pictures thing went on too long.
I was worried that they'd have that girl sing all of Dead or Alive.
who likes movies anyway

cine

Quote from: OrHowILearnedTo on March 03, 2009, 02:03:41 PM
Quote from: Cinephile on February 21, 2009, 03:20:36 PM
i must make a correction here.. i just realized that not only is AD Miles a writer, he is their HEAD writer.

noticed that Michael Showalter is also writing for the show  :shock:
i didn't see all the writers in the credits and would love a list if anyone had one.. but regardless, i'm almost positive you're confusing him with the shows exec. producer michael shoemaker, who goes back with fallon since his SNL days.

as for the first two shows.. yeah, its clear the guy needs work getting more confidence but i mean.. conan was giggling like a maniac for the first couple years and look where he is now. and now that we see fallon hit a ratings high, NBC must be having a field day with this. it'll be interesting to see how they end up fluctuating over the next couple weeks. but i'd say the show is going to do very well, no doubt.

and yeah, for like everyone in the world who has said it already, OF COURSE timberlake stole the show.. dudes the greatest ever. see the top 5 things thread for more incriminating thoughts :/

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ravi

Quote from: Cinephile on March 04, 2009, 02:11:23 AM
as for the first two shows.. yeah, its clear the guy needs work getting more confidence but i mean.. conan was giggling like a maniac for the first couple years and look where he is now. and now that we see fallon hit a ratings high, NBC must be having a field day with this. it'll be interesting to see how they end up fluctuating over the next couple weeks. but i'd say the show is going to do very well, no doubt.

I saw Fallon live a couple of months ago and the place was packed out on a Sunday night.  He definitely has a following.  However, NBC frontloaded the shit out of his show, and maybe when they don't have a De Niro or Fey everyday the ratings will drop.

Fuck, they should have just given AD Miles the show...

Bethie

Brian Williams should be hosting the Late Night.
who likes movies anyway

tpfkabi

this was probably talked about this somewhere else, but without Search this is where i came.

if this show existed only for this interview it's existance would be relevant:

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/clips/saved-by-the-bell-reunion-update-3-6809/1121321/
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

OrHowILearnedTo

picolas

seriously. he just sits there and tries to disprove the gag repeatedly. wtf.