'lil cinephile presents A is for Auteur (featuring Paul Thomas Anderson)

Started by modage, April 29, 2018, 10:19:38 AM

modage

Hey Xixax -

I made a card game for movie nerds! Well, technically I made a Kickstarter for a card game for movie nerds, so with your help, I will get to make this card game.

I'm really excited about it so would love your support, feedback, questions, etc. Thanks!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modage/cinephile-a-card-game
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

WorldForgot

Dude!!!

Very cool, and I dig the teaser. My friends and I play a variant of 20 questions with different film categories, but this gives the Uno Remix variant which will be fun to try out. I'll sit on the idea and see if I can come up with input on more modes. The focused card types are good, too, keeps the base game built around broad cinephilia and homemade rule sets/variants.

Fitzroy

I would totally buy this / invest. Alas, I'm in the UK and I see it's US only.

modage

Thanks guys!

Still considering an international shipping option. But initially nixed it just because it was so crazy expensive I didn't want people to feel like they were getting ripped off paying $15 to ship a $20 game... But I have gotten some interest so I may figure something out and will let you know.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

Alethia

modage

Thanks! Also: I'm working on an international shipping option now. So far the best I can find is just like $15 USPS but if someone knows of a better (cheaper) way to get tiny packages shipped out of the U.S, let me know.

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Alethia

polkablues

I was starting to feel left out, but then I got home and mine had arrived as well. So now we can unite in making everyone else who doesn't have a copy feel left out.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Tdog

Quote from: modage on May 08, 2018, 10:46:32 AM

Doing a PTA & Wes expansion pack (because of course I am).

Spread the word.

What about a bonus Lindsay inclusion?

modage

Awesome! Thanks guys. Official release date is August 27th, but Kickstarter backers get it 3 months early so plz share and play with other film nerds.

And let me know what you think! I worked on this every day for the last 15 months (and counting) so it's really crazy and surreal to have it out there finally.

Alethia

Robyn