Phantom Thread

Started by wilder, June 02, 2016, 08:21:51 PM

samsong

any of you brooklyn hipsters see this with live accompaniment at BAM or what?

Alethia

I was shooting, I wanted so badly to be there, my buddy Paul went and said there were tears.

samsong

going to the one in LA on friday.  i combed through the BAM geotag on instagram to see if anyone stole some footage.  there are only a handful of clips from the end credits (surprised!) and they gave me chills.  im anticipating a religious experience.

modage

Quote from: samsong on February 28, 2018, 07:51:59 PM
any of you brooklyn hipsters see this with live accompaniment at BAM or what?
Yep. It was great. (Sat behind Paul Dano, who was also there for PDL a few years ago.)
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Tdog

Quote from: Lewton on February 19, 2018, 10:22:05 PM
I do hope PTA convinces him to come back so that DDL and Joaquin Phoenix can play brothers or something, but if not, then I'm hoping whatever he does next will still be something artistic that will be put out for public consideration. Day-Lewis behind the camera, or putting pen to paper in some capacity, sounds very interesting to me and there are reasons to believe he'd excel at either one of those challenges.

This is my dream too. He made two with Daniel and two with Joaquin so it's only natural that he puts them together for the third collaboration. Now would they be enemies or friends? Brothers would be good, sometimes bickering more often loving. On a road trip.

Also re: DDL's co writing credit on Phantom Thread, PTA said that him and DDL spent a lot of time sitting at DDL's kitchen table in Ireland writing it so there's definite credence to there having been sone sort of credit for DDL. He has a producers credit anyway.

wilberfan

A couple of nice closeups of a 70mm print of Phantom Thread.

Source

Tictacbk

Going to the late screening of the live score show thanks to the cigs and redvines twitter contest. Woo!

wilder

The 4K Blu-ray is coming in the US May 8th

Pringle

Well, I guess that's it. Another project come and gone, and now it's time for the man to go away and dream it all up again.

We were hoping for a great film, and he delivered yet again. PTA continues to amaze and astonish and inspire and deliver the goods.

WorldForgot

SHOUTOUT
4/20 Vinyl Release

Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote from: Pringle on March 23, 2018, 01:51:23 AM
Well, I guess that's it. Another project come and gone, and now it's time for the man to go away and dream it all up again.

We were hoping for a great film, and he delivered yet again. PTA continues to amaze and astonish and inspire and deliver the goods.

I Love Films

csage97

Quote from: Pringle on March 23, 2018, 01:51:23 AM

Yup, another bittersweet passing of a new release from an artist I really enjoy. I totally reveled and indulged in all the media around the release, the interviews, the movie itself by seeing it several times in the theatre, and keeping up with the Xixax discussion. A bit sad to see it go, but it's good knowing that PTA feels the clock ticking and the need to keep making movies. Can't wait for his next one.

I did pre-order the blu ray today. I am stoked about being able to play it at home and about the special features. Even though they're not that long, the content that's there is perfect for a nerd like me (camera tests with PTA commentary!? Adam Buxton narrating a fashion show!? Audio demos from Jonny, and behind-the-scenes photos from Michael Bauman!? Does it get any better?).

wilberfan

Some camera and lighting test video (with PTA narration) from Phantom Thread:   

http://ew.com/movies/2018/03/26/phantom-thread-camera-lighting-tests/

wilberfan

Some behind-the-scenes stills with some unused Greenwood music.  (A sneak of one of the Blu-ray/DVD extras.)

And Cyril & Reynolds in an unused take from breakfast (a la Animal House).

Drenk

Quote from: wilberfan on March 27, 2018, 11:36:41 PM
Some behind-the-scenes stills with some unused Greenwood music.  (A sneak of one of the Blu-ray/DVD extras.)

And Cyril & Reynolds in an unused take from breakfast (a la Animal House).

This is definitely why I'd love to watch all the footage. I'm sure many scenes went wild like that.

Ascension.