Joyeux Noël

Started by Reinhold, February 22, 2006, 12:29:22 AM

Reinhold

French film about the Christmas ceasefire on the French/German lines in 1914. Written and directed by Christian Carion. I believe it's nominated for a best foreign film Oscar this year.

I saw this tonight. I thought it was very good. The pacing was a little awkward in parts, the dubbing for some of the music was clearly (but understandably) slightly off... and there were some other minor things that would have made the difference between the 8/10 I give it and the 10/10 it could hypothetically have... but I can't put my finger on what, exactly, those things are. I liked it a lot.

I loved seeing a WWI film worth watching in color.

It reminded me a lot of Paths of Glory and The Grand Illusion. It's definitely one of the best WWI movies I've seen.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

snaporaz

i saw the story o the history channel a year ago. very intriguing. however, i wasn't totally amazed by the trailer. but i'd still like to see it. not a must-see for me, though.