Tatu - any good?

Started by zerocool41, October 30, 2005, 03:21:25 PM

zerocool41

I keep hearing a band called Tatu with two russian girls who apparantly are lesbians?   Anyway, i've heard some samples and it sounds pretty cool.  Anyone like this stuff?  Anyone heard the new cd?
I'm going to lay down a monster hand here.

mogwai

yes, they're lesbians and they sacrifice babies on stage. they were also considered as leads for the rejected sequel to lilya 4-ever.

i'm joking of course, they only sacrifice homophobes.

ono

It's like I just woke up from the bestest dream, and am sad because it's 2003 all over again.

Lesbianism = gimmick.  The SNL sketch from the first Lindsay Lohan episode, post Debbie Downer fuck-up had it down cold.

All the Things She Said = one-hit wonder that's okay.

Although ... I haven't heard anything else by them, so your guess is as good as mine.

MacGuffin

Their version of The Smiths' How Soon Is Now =  :yabbse-thumbdown:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

JG

Quote from: MacGuffinTheir version of The Smiths' How Soon Is Now =  :yabbse-thumbdown:

lnk plz

NEON MERCURY

Thrindle

There are not enough words to describe the level of suck.
Classic.

Pubrick

Quote from: zerocool41I keep hearing a band called Tatu with two russian girls who apparantly are lesbians?   Anyway, i've heard some samples and it sounds pretty cool.  Anyone like this stuff?  Anyone heard the new cd?
they came and went, they had a one hit wonder "all the things she said", they kissed a lot in public, they hav sum hot pics online. the hotter one (the rednut) got pregnant by their producer or sumthing. their producer was like a psychologist or sumthing.

the group died years ago after they spoiled all their gimmicks. stay tuned next week when we discover the little-known spanish duo Los Del Rio.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

Quote from: Pubrickstay tuned next week when we discover the little-known spanish duo Los Del Rio.

But do they kiss in public?
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

A T.A.T.U movie?
Source: Moviehole

According to T.A.T.U Forum, the top-selling popstresses are set to make their film debut in a new loose-biopic from filmmaker Roland Joffe.

Called "Finding T.A.T.U" it'll tell the story of how an American Girl and a Russia Girl - both from rather screwed up homes - head in search of their favourite band, T.A.T.U.

Think "Detroit Rock City" with overly-friendly girlies, right?

We were also sent Casting Breakdowns for the movie a couple of days back.

Janie Sawyer: 17. This beautiful, petite, brown-haired and brown-eyed American girl from New York is stuck living in Moscow with her "step-monster" Olga and absentee dad. She is miserable at her elite private school, insecure about her looks, and would trade all her wealth for a real relationship with her dad. She and her new best friend and crush Lana escape to a t.A.T.u. concert, win a singing contest, and enter the wild nightlife of Moscow, where Janie's drug addiction takes its toll. Ultimately she overcomes her demons and starts a new life with Lana by her side. MUST BE OVER 18 OR EMANCIPATED. STAR NAMES ONLY.

Lead; Lana: 17. Tall, lean and drop-dead gorgeous, poor but confident, this blonde-haired, green-eyed Russian girl lives in a small village with her mother and works at a meat packing plant. She hates it there and dreams of becoming a model or a singer like her idols t.A.T.u. She comes to Moscow to meet her new best friend and crush Janie and attend a t.A.T.u. concert, and is overwhelmed by the glamour and opulence of the big city. Independent-minded and talented, she is embarrassed when Edward, the modeling agent, rejects her, but her dreams are eventually realized when her poems and songs get t.A.T.u's attention. Must speak some Russian. MUST BE OVER 18 OR EMANCIPATED. STAR NAMES ONLY.

Lead; Edward Nikitin: 18-20. This extremely good-looking, charming, spoiled young Russian man owns and operates an internationally successful modeling agency and has recently opened a new branch in NYC. Wealthy and privileged, he walks with a swagger and loves all things American. He (and his small entourage that accompanies him everywhere) meets Janie and Lana at a hot club after the t.A.T.u. concert and becomes smitten with Lana, promising to make her a model. When his photographer points out her supposed flaws, he drops her abruptly. Lead; Steve: 19. This attractive ex-boy band member (his group was called "Boom!") sports shining locks and hangs out with Edward's posse. Slightly defensive about his dubious credibility, he and his manager Ian are trying desperately to mount a comeback. He comforts Lana after Edward rejects her, and reminds her "we are nothing without our dreams".

Lead; Ian: 50s. This snickering, four-times divorced, heavy-drinking and drugging British man with bleached hair is Steve's manager who claims that he used to work with the Rolling Stones. He believes that "40 is the new 20" and is clearly trying to hold on to his glory days of clubbing and partying. Desperate to get Steve back on the top of the charts, he tries to steal the song Janie and Lana wrote so Steve can record it. The ploy backfires.

Supporting; Yuspopov: 40-60. He's an intimidating, impatient, cocky, and self-assured Russian photographer who does fashion spreads for Vogue. His cruel, lengthy and detached assessment of Lana's supposed physical flaws ends her modeling career before it starts. Cameo
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks