Igby Goes Down...the drain

Started by NEON MERCURY, June 16, 2003, 12:14:42 AM

MacGuffin

Susan Sarandon's character dies in the first scene before the credits, so it's not that much of a spoiler.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Keener

I really, really enjoyed this movie but I can see how it's not for everyone.
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI loved this movie and it was on top ten list from last year. The best part about it is how smart the characters are thought out to be and how unpredictable everything in. The movie works from the basis of the character's personality and tells a story that eventually ends the way we know, but moves paths that are completely unexpected. The movie is consistently smart and not just smart in playing off one thing, but inventive as well. Kieran Culkin was perfect for this role and as believable as being a certain character as any other i've seen.

There is a continuing trend showing up here lately that has been annoying and that is people saying a movie is bad and giving equal words to the fact they hated as to why they hated it. I don't care if someone dislikes a movie I admire, but at least try to make the reason why the first and foremost thing to what you say. People complain about how the board has become too much goofiness without movie talk, well, I say the worst is this.

~rougerum

Gold Tumpet:

i did not feel like typing a whole diss-er-tation on this movie b/c it is not even worth my time i am stating SIMPLY that the movie is/was overRated and short ramblings why i think this-HENCE AT THE END OF MY POST I SAID "STEPPING DOWN FROM THE SOAPBOX"  meaning*short rambling statements*  and to imply that the first post is GOOFY? :roll: -i am quickly stating why this movie was not for me thats all   and"well, I say the worst is this"-Igby Goes Down :wink:
btw-punchdrunk23----------------------------------------- :yabbse-thumbup:

Gold Trumpet

Saying your thoughts on why you didn't like something can be as easy as writing a small paragraph. Doesn't have to be anything huge, but should at least an explanation to why. Its your decision whether or not you want to explain something or not. I can't do anything about it. It just is that everyone says they just didn't like something or liked something that the words themselves for me are becoming hardly trustworthy in giving an opinion and just seem as another remark only.

~rougerum

NEON MERCURY