Peter Bogdanovich's Paper Moon (1973) from Masters of Cinema

Paper Moon (1973) - Amazon UK

wilder

April 21, 2015

Busby Berkeley's 42nd Street (1933) from Warner Archive

42nd Street (1933) - Amazon

wilder

December 2015 TBD

Louis Malle's Atlantic City (1980) from Gaumont (France)

Louis Malle's The Lovers (1958) on blu-ray from Gaumont (France)

wilder

June 30, 2015

Penelope Spheeris' The Decline of Western Civilization (1981-1988) on blu-ray from Shout Factory

The Decline of Western Civilization - Amazon

wilder

wilder

Available now from Grindhouse Releasing

Duke Mitchell's Massacre Mafia Style (1978)

Massacre Mafia Style (1978) - Amazon

Italian-American actor and nightclub singer Duke Mitchell wrote, produced, directed and starred in this homemade answer to THE GODFATHER, self-financed with earnings from his career as the self-proclaimed "Mr. Palm Springs." Previously known for his Martin and Lewis act with Sammy Petrillo as seen in BELA LUGOSI MEETS A BROOKLYN GORILLA, Duke plays the ruthless son of a Mafia kingpin who blasts his way through Hollywood on a bloody crime spree. Promising "more guts, more action, more dynamite" than the Mario Puzo gangster classic, MASSACRE MAFIA STYLE delivers an onslaught of low-budget mayhem unlike anything you've ever seen.

Duke Mitchell's Gone with the Pope (2010) <— year explanation

Gone with the Pope (2010) - Amazon

Lost for over 30 years, GONE WITH THE POPE stars famed nightclub performer Duke Mitchell as Paul, a paroled gangster with an unholy scheme: to kidnap the Pope and charge "a dollar from every Catholic in the world" as the ransom.

Shot in 1975, GONE WITH THE POPE was unfinished at the time of Duke Mitchell's death in 1981. Sage Stallone and Bob Murawski of Grindhouse Releasing rediscovered GONE WITH THE POPE in 1995 and vowed to save it from obscurity. Academy Award-winning film editor Murawski (THE HURT LOCKER, ARMY OF DARKNESS) spent 15 years completing GONE WITH THE POPE from the surviving film elements.

wilder

Twilight Time is having a sale on some titles starting today at 4pm EST for their fourth anniversary. List of titles on sale can be found here (expand the first FB post), many $19.95 and under (vs the usual $34.95). The discs can be purchased through Screen Archives.

samsong now's your chance to pick up Crimes and Misdemeanors, Radio Days, and Broadway Danny Rose

jenk - I picked up Violent Saturday

jenkins

Quote from: wilder on March 25, 2015, 12:25:08 PM
jenk - I picked up Violent Saturday

\m/

what're your favorites these are mine (not including violent saturday 'cause duh):

Hard Times
Wild at Heart
Rita, Sue and Bob Too
Breaking Away
Used Cars
The Driver

that's a list of movies i last saw on a twilight blu-ray. they have a lot of good titles, some i've seen/some i haven't seen

the full list of twilight titles i actually own:
Rita, Sue and Bob Too

wilder

I only have a few, for obvious reasons - Sidney Lumet's Equus (1977) takes the cake for me

with John Guillermin's Rapture (1965) and Blake Edwards' Experiment in Terror (1962) right behind it (Rapture DVD Beaver review, )

Some caps from Experiment in Terror:

...TT releases are hard to recommend unless a title has no alternative availability. Like you, I'm a fan of Wild at Heart and The Driver, but they're both available in cheaper editions internationally, now. Same with The Big Heat. Remains of the Day is a great movie but it's also the case. Save RotD I bought the TT editions of these movies and now I feel like an asshole.

mogwai

Cameron Crowe's Singles finally coming to Blu-ray

MARCH 4, 2015 BY SCOTT J. DAVIS

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has announced the long-awaited Blu-ray release of Singles, the 1992 sophomore effort from director Cameron Crowe (Jerry Maguire, Say Anything).

In Seattle during the era of grunge music, the lives and relationships of a group of young people, all living in the same apartment building, go through a period of flux. Among them are waitress and aspiring architect Janet (Fonda), who finds herself obsessed with bad boy musician Cliff (Dillon); Linda (Sedgwick), an emotionally fragile environmentalist on the look-out for love; and Steve (Scott), a quintessential nice guy who studies traffic patterns.

Singles stars Bridget Fonda, Campbell Scott, Kyra Sedgwick, Matt Dillon, Bill Pullman, Tom Skerritt, Jeremy Piven, Eric Stoltz, Peter Horton and Sheila Kelly.

The Blu-ray release of Singles is presented in 1080p with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround. Extras include:
–25 Deleted/Extended/Alternate Scenes:
–The 16-minute "The Ballad of Janet and Dr. Jeff" compiling the entire relationship between Bridget Fonda and Bill Pullman's characters
–Extended Tracking Shot Opening
–Mime Club Fight
–What Would The King Do?
–No Games
–Eddie Haskell Redux
—Three Complete Live Performances:
Soundgarden – "Birth Ritual"
Alice in Chains – "Would?" and "It Ain't Like That Anymore"
–Two "Complete Take" Extras with Bill Pullman and Tad
–Gag Reel
–Theatrical Trailer

Singles is released on April 7th in the US. Crowe's latest film Aloha, starring Bradley Cooper, Emma Stone, Rachel McAdams, Alec Baldwin and Bill Murray, is released on May 29th in the US, and in September in the UK.

wilder

July 28, 2015

Michael Ritchie's Prime Cut (1972) on blu-ray from Kino

Prime Cut (1972) - Amazon

Ravi

Quote from: wilder on March 26, 2015, 06:26:54 AM
...TT releases are hard to recommend unless a title has no alternative availability. Like you, I'm a fan of Wild at Heart and The Driver, but they're both available in cheaper editions internationally, now. Same with The Big Heat. Remains of the Day is a great movie but it's also the case. Save RotD I bought the TT editions of these movies and now I feel like an asshole.

TT's release of Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia has the best transfer and most extras of any of the editions available. A few of TT's Blu-Rays, like Wild at Heart and Titus use older HD masters that aren't very good, but that's what they were given.

I'm hoping Woody Allen's Orion releases will be released in some other country. It's hard to justify paying TT's prices for movies with no extras. I know their business model is based on recouping the costs of a limited number of copies, but it doesn't mean I like paying $30 a movie.

jenkins

wilder

July 13, 2015

The Roy Andersson Collection on blu-ray from Artificial Eye

Contains:

-A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting Upon Existence (2014)
-Songs from the Second Floor (2000)
-A Swedish Love Story (1970)
-You, the Living (2007)

The Roy Andersson Collection - Amazon UK

wilder

August 11, 2015

Woody Allen's A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy (1982) on blu-ray from Twilight Time

Sam Fuller's House of Bamboo (1955) on blu-ray from Twilight Time