2009 GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS

Started by Fernando, December 11, 2008, 09:30:59 AM

Fernando

Quote from: john on January 12, 2009, 02:21:17 AM
Quote from: kal on January 12, 2009, 01:47:28 AM
I still cannot believe Lost was not even nominated.
Jesus Christ, I didn't even think about that. Befuddling.

Ha, forget dat shit, THE WIRE was always snubbed, and this time also Generation Kill.

tpfkabi

Quote from: Stefen on January 12, 2009, 10:18:24 AM
Aronofsky's middle finger was awesome, too.

I was wondering if they would get fined for this?
:yabbse-grin:

I was really surprised at Kate.
Doesn't she get nominated (sometimes multiple) for something just about every year?

No love for Charlie Kaufman?
(I haven't seen the film btw)
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Stefen

I think Kate gets nominated for everything she does even if it's the shittiest performance ever just for a reason to have her at the awards so everyone can look at her.

I'm perfectly fine with that and I hope it continues.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

tpfkabi

Quote from: Stefen on January 12, 2009, 11:14:03 AM
I think Kate gets nominated for everything she does even if it's the shittiest performance ever just for a reason to have her at the awards so everyone can look at her.

I'm perfectly fine with that and I hope it continues.

I didn't realize she had gotten Supporting as well earlier in the evening.
Was she more calm during that acceptance?
I guess I could understand if she was like that after winning the second award and then add in the fact that film was done with her husband.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

©brad

did they have to give kate both awards? i haven't seen the reader, but i was really rooting for marisa.

tina fey's speech was gold.

picolas

oh i forgot to mention: tom hanks is always really funny at awards shows for some reason. deserves a mention. that moment he so easily deflected the stupid backstage guy using his own brand of desperate masturbatory awards enthusiasm against him at the last oscars is still fresh in my mind. and then years earlier he showed that subtle but deep sense of shame when steve martin jokingly implied he'd kidnapped in the name of an oscar. brilliant stuff.

Fernando

^^ agreed, I too remember that bit from the oscars (yes bret lots of fun!!!) he's always real funny, thinking about that makes me wonder why if the academy wanted a movie star to host this year, why not choose someone like Hanks instead of Hugh Jackman...