The reason for the end of the old message board?

Started by aurora, January 27, 2003, 03:31:52 AM

Xixax

"Frogs flying all over the place and landing in the neighbor's pool!"
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Xixax"Peace Out" killed the board.

It also saved the board.

Pwaybloe

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: Xixax"Peace Out" killed the board.

It also saved the board.

Maybe.  It did promote off-topic conversation and bullshit.  I read most of it while it was on Greg's board.  Some of it was funny, and some of it was pretty stupid.  But, I think that was the point.

I can't really fathom that Greg thought everyone would talk about PTA and nothing else.  No offense to PTA, but I just can't sit around and wax his car all day.  I do have other interests, like being a magician, because, y'know you can't fuck forever, I know that....

neatahwanta

If you think that, when you create a message board for an artist, the conversation will even be 10% about said artist, you are either naive or stupid.  Naive was the problem here.  And I even warned him once, months before the board was up, ~ "message boards are a headache".

So yeah, I told you so.

Nah, actually, Greg musta known he was taking a chance it wouldn't work out.  But anyway..... :roll: gheyest post ever.

sphinx

Quote from: PawbloeIt did promote off-topic conversation and bullshit.  I read most of it while it was on Greg's board.  Some of it was funny, and some of it was pretty stupid.  But, I think that was the point.

i can't disagree with that more.  all the chapters and pages of peace out did have a meaning, and the thread did go through several phases and stages.  it was quite amazing to watch from the beginning, especially with that wonderful decoder ring.  i still have the thread archived if those out of the know want to try to try again

Pubrick

the only thing Peace Out did was draw a line dividing those who wanted more out of that board, and those who were happy writing essays and making redundant comments. there was more love and INFORMATION in those 60+ pages than anywhere else.. and that's considering 90% of the members didn't even post in it. don't front on that.

Quote from: neatahwanta:roll: gheyest post ever.

word, but ur on point with the naivety call. the dream of having more than 10 intelligent posters at all is bullshit, let alone assuming that ppl's posts would reflect said intelligence. shit's still the same here, if not worse with what 5 maybe 7 non-zombies posting? it's a lost cause.

the spirit of Peace Out shouldn't be limited to one thread, ppl.. u can write what u feel! feel sumthing! Anything! FREE BARABAS!

and where the fuck did budgie go?
under the paving stones.

Dirk

Quote from: Pppl.. u can write what u feel! feel sumthing! Anything! FREE BARABAS!

"Fuck it! I'm gay!".
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

©brad

I just know that Greg's board was like no other board I had been to (Aint it cool news and view askew are terrible) so I was kind of down when it closed. I'm just glad that this one is up and running and everyone is still around.

Victor

Quote from: xerxes
"Sorry, I just don't have the time and energy to fight the good fight
anymore. Most folks were great, but the few who ruined it were giving the
board (and also my site in general) a bad name."

same exact words he gave me.

Quote from: cbrad4dI just know that Greg's board was like no other board I had been to (Aint it cool news and view askew are terrible)

a-men. they're both shit, and while i can understand greg cutting it before it turned into something like that, it certainly wasnt anywhere near as crappy as those are.

Quote from: cbrad4dso I was kind of down when it closed.

i was depresed, then restless, trying to kick it. we're talking vomit, diarrhea, scratchcing the walls, punching the cat...i was just starting to get well when this board came up. i was hesitant at first, for ive been hurt before, but im starting to settle in. i only fear my hopeless, spiraling addiction will come back again.....
are you gonna eat with us too?

RegularKarate

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

depooter

Peace out was not the nail in the coffin...........

Thanks
Greg
www.ptanderson.com
www.theuncool.com

Xixax

Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Duck Sauce

Quote from: depooterPeace out was not the nail in the coffin...........

Thanks
Greg
www.ptanderson.com
www.theuncool.com

What was then?

Im sensing some trouble in paradise between you and PTA

depooter

You sense wrong. As I said, too much bullshit (from just a few folks). I got many emails daily ("ban this person", "ban that person", etc.). I just didn't have the time or energy to deal with it. It wasn't the expectation I had going in. Look, as I said, most of the board was great. I viewed it daily, but I think it works better as is. I've already cut a deal with Michael to promote the board on both sites periodically, that should hopefully drive more (hopefully) quality peeps here.

As for PTA, all is well. I got a nice xmas gift from the man and I'm crossing my fingers for a lengthy interview when he gets back from Europe...