the slow shutter effect

Started by md, August 12, 2004, 01:09:03 AM

md

when you see b roll footage, or additional bonus or extra footage, you notice at the end of the clip, it oversaturates due to the slowing of the frame rate I believe.  whats that called, and more importantly where can I find the a plugin that recreates that...i know its there..thanks
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

mutinyco

What you're seeing are the breaks in the film recording. Cameras start on the last frame they stopped, and that frame is usually overexposed to a white-out. It also can effect surrounding frames. Also, if you're using a daylight spool, the fronts and ends of your roll will experience this significantly.

You COULD recreate the look on video, I guess. You'd need to do some compositing. But it'd help if you have actual film experience and know how the light affects the individual frames.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Redlum

I just found the exact clip you're after in an After Effects tutorial CD, let me know if you still need it. Probably too late now.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas