Let The Awards Season Begin!

Started by MacGuffin, December 04, 2003, 09:33:03 AM

Find Your Magali

Hmm, I think the Theron and Robbins are locks for Oscars.

Zellweger should be a lock, but that category gets goofy sometimes, so look out.

If Depp is getting this much support, I would have to think that he'll end up splitting the "comedic" vote with Bill Murray, which would vault Sean Penn to the victory, which would be a shame.

If Depp wasn't in this race, I would say Murray would have been a lock by now.

SHAFTR

Quote from: Find Your Magali
If Depp is getting this much support, I would have to think that he'll end up splitting the "comedic" vote with Bill Murray, which would vault Sean Penn to the victory, which would be a shame.

If Depp wasn't in this race, I would say Murray would have been a lock by now.

Kingsley!
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Chest Rockwell

I think it's pretty cool Depp won, though I think think this foresees doom for Bill Murray's chances.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Chest RockwellI think it's pretty cool Depp won, though I think think this foresees doom for Bill Murray's chances.

The SAG awards don't mean anything to the Oscars. There about three times as many members in SAG than there are in the Academy.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Henry Hill

How funny was it when Sean Astin got bumped out of the way in the middle of his "political" rant? As funny as I thought it was, I also found it awkward for some reason. Come on Astin, just let Billy Boyd talk. The man wore a kilt!  :yabbse-thumbup:

Pubrick

Quote from: filmboy70How funny was it when Sean Astin got bumped out of the way in the middle of his "political" rant?
it was funny and stupid. why was he ranting about the urgent need for  local production, didn't he just spend 5 years in NEW ZEALAND making the most profitable film of the year?? it didn't make any sense, he was dissing the reason that they were all up there.

and they kept pushing him back, that was funny.
under the paving stones.

Chest Rockwell

I've never been one to care about what people say during their acceptance speeches. The only time I've ever really payed attention was during Michael Moore's at the Oscars last year. Oh, and also Bill Murray's during the globes this year. I don't generally care a whole lot unless its something funny or eccentric.

modage

IFP Independent Spirit Awards were just on TV...

Best Picture: Lost In Translation
Best Director: Sofia Coppola
Best Screenplay: Sofia Coppola
Best Lead Actor: Bill Murray
Best Lead Actress: Charlize Theron
Best First Feature: Monster
John Cassavettes Award: The Station Agent
Best First Screenplay: The Station Agent
Best Supporting Female: Shohreh Aghdashloo
Best Supporting Male: Djimon Hounsou
Best Debut Performance: Nikki Reed
Best Foriegn Film: Whale Rider (NOT CITY OF GOD!?!?)
Best Documentary: The Fog of War

oh, and 21 Grams got some special award and the director went on a long rant about something with Naomi, Benicio and Sean up there behind him.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: themodernage02IFP Independent Spirit Awards were just on TV...

Best Picture: Lost In Translation
Best Director: Sofia Coppola
Best Screenplay: Sofia Coppola
Best Lead Actor: Bill Murray
Best Lead Actress: Charlize Theron
Best First Feature: Monster
John Cassavettes Award: The Station Agent
Best First Screenplay: The Station Agent
Best Supporting Female: Shohreh Aghdashloo
Best Supporting Male: Djimon Hounsou
Best Debut Performance: Nikki Reed
Best Foriegn Film: Whale Rider (NOT CITY OF GOD!?!?)
Best Documentary: The Fog of War

oh, and 21 Grams got some special award and the director went on a long rant about something with Naomi, Benicio and Sean up there behind him.
FUCK!! Will it be on again!?

modage

Rebroadcasts on IFC Saturday, February 28th at 12am ET, and Sunday, February 29th at 8:15am ET & 6pm ET.  highlights incl. Murrays speech where he mentioned how he wasnt going to thank the makers because he though their heads were getting too big.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Chest Rockwell

Just saw it on Bravo. Pretty cool. I loved watching the audience during the little sing-alongs.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

mogwai

Quote from: Pwhat did iñárritu say?
í dón't kñòw.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.