The stupidest thing you've heard someone say about a movie..

Started by CollinBullock, March 29, 2003, 02:00:00 PM

CollinBullock

People are just dumb.  I don't mean to be a snob or anything, but let's face it.  Most people on teh face of the earth are stupid.  Especially when it comes to movies.  

And the problem is, they have such dumb fucking opinions about why they hate movies.  I once had a guy (actually a good friend of mine, and not even that dumb of a guy) say he didn't like Edward Scissorhands because, and I quote: "It was a guy trying to eat without any hands.  What the fuck?"  I was just thinking about this, and if he didn't live three hours away from me, I would punch him.

Anyway, what's the stupidest argument you've ever heard from someone as to why they like or don't like a movie.

P.S. The other most annoying thing people do is, when you ask them why they liked and Adam Sandler film, they start doing impressions of him doing an obnoxious fucking voice.  As if that somehow justifies the fact that they like the movie.  Hey, I like several Adam Sandler movies, like Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, Airheads, Big Daddy, and Punch Drunk Love of course.  But when he just tries to make me hemmorage with an obnoxious retard voice, I just...I just...words fail me.
Reality is extraordinary.  Unfourtanetly, the best parts don't make good movies - Terry Gilliam

Cecil

CollinBullock

I've heard Wal mart is actually selling DVDs with sticker on them saying "No black bars at the top or bottom!  You get all the picture!"

I swear, a nuclear war is looking better every day.
Reality is extraordinary.  Unfourtanetly, the best parts don't make good movies - Terry Gilliam

oakmanc234

'This is so f***in' boring'

.....is what I heard some asshole say in the OPENING minutes of 'PDL'.

It just pissed me off.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Sleuth

"Are there 2 Gollum's?" Overheard at LOTR The Two Towers

"Why did he kill that guy like 3 times" Overheard after Memento

"I hate the Matrix because at first you don't know what's going on"
I like to hug dogs

Born Under Punches

My mom is notorious for saying that films don't end right.  Like the end of Traffic or Chasing Amy, she got mad and said "It didn't end right!"

Sigur Rós

"PDL is just another Sandler-film"...........argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cecil

Duck Sauce

Most of mine have to do with PDL, this thread is going to yield a lot of interesting stuff.

"He (Barry) was screwed up for no reason, and the dialouge was sophomoric"

bonanzataz

Also about PDL (I've spoken about this before...

"He should've just done like the man said and shut up!"
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Cecil

heres one that was pretty funny, in "the center of the world", during the sex scene, i heard a woman say "well, it SOUNDS real."

ReelHotGames

Coming out of BLADE II someone says "that was the best movie I've ever seen"

Magnolia "that was so stupid" - care to quantify? what makes it stupid?

but my favorite line of all time was said by a "friend" of a friend who during a serious movie discussion says "I hate movies that make you think" --- Da Dah! I am sure her favorite movie of all time is Scoobie Doo.
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

Sleuth

Oh, here's a recent conversation from school

"You know what movie was gay?"

"Which one?"

"Being John something.  It didn't make sense."
I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

Swear to God:

When I first saw "Heathers," right after the croquet opening scene:

Heather: Heather, it's you're turn.
Heather: No, Heather, it's Heather's turn.

A few rows in front of my cousin and I, one older woman said to her friend, "They're all named Heather?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the row behind me during "The Hours": "Everyone's kissing in this movie."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

After Solaris, some guy said "That was worse than Rollerball!" His girlfriend displayed a higher intellect by responding with, "well, I wouldn't go that far."

Twenty minutes into PDL, some girl behind me said "I hate this movie." Her boyfriend kept saying, "no, no it'll get better." He'd offer a strained laugh at anything that was remotely funny. I kinda felt sorry for him...he was trying so hard to enjoy the movie, but it was just over his head.

The second time I saw PDL, an older couple in front of me both fell asleep on each other's shoulders, and then later woke up and walked out. Another older couple, after the movie was over, said "Well, I'm never going to trust another review in THAT newspaper! They made this sound like it would be GOOD!"