Kill Bill: Volume One On DVD April 13th

Started by modage, November 13, 2003, 10:49:06 PM

modage

Quote from: Weak2ndAct
Quote from: SydneyBesides, it may be a long time for the DVD!
Calm yourself, Vol. 1 will surely be out before February when we get the rest of the movie.
Miramax Home Video has announced a February 3rd 2004 release for Quentin Tarantino's already classic Kill Bill Vol. 1. Full disc details are still forthcoming, but expect a retail price of $29.99
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Kal

GRRRRRRRREAT!

The price I think it wont be like that... thats the usual list price but Best Buy has its 15.99 price for new DVDs and its working so well that I dont think they will change it...

Alethia

brockly

oakmanc234

The thought of having my own copy of 'Kill Bill Vol 1' to watch in the comfort of home is very very groovy. Can't wait.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

ElPandaRoyal

What a relief..... although I think we'll get a very lame DVD in February and only by the end of 2004 will we get a special edition DVD with both films or something.
Si

Alethia

yeah i think itll probably be just a bare bones edition..maybe it'll have the trailers, but i cant imagine anything special till both films are out for a while.....though, it will be fucking cool to see it as one movie, i hope they do that edition eventually

Finn

Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

SoNowThen

Didn't QT say that he was gonna do something cool for each individual one, so that each set (1, 2, and the deluxe) would have lots of different extras?
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

i read that he's going to release a special edition for vol 1, another for vol 2 and a SUPERMEGAHYPER collectors edition with crammed with the 2 volumes.  all of them with differentes extras.
context, context, context.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: chuckhimselfoi read that he's going to release a special edition for vol 1, another for vol 2 and a SUPERMEGAHYPER collectors edition with crammed with the 2 volumes.  all of them with differentes extras.

And that would be the coolest thing ever.
Si

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaum
Quote from: chuckhimselfoi read that he's going to release a special edition for vol 1, another for vol 2 and a SUPERMEGAHYPER collectors edition with crammed with the 2 volumes.  all of them with differentes extras.

No, it would be $200.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman

No, it would be $200.

Oh...
Si

Redlum

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman

No, it would be $200.
:lol:  :shock:
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

coffeebeetle

Fuck, I just creamed my pants.  But this also presents a dilemma: should I wait for the superfly-TNT-guns-of-the-navarone edition waaaaaay down the line, or buy on Feb 3rd?  I don't think I could stay sane knowing that Vol.1 is roaming out there and not in my DVD collection.  

Life is hard.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)