My Best Friends Birthday

Started by kotte, May 17, 2005, 03:29:22 AM

kotte

I just got my hands on 'My Best Fríends Birthday'. Tarantinos first film he shot during weekends when he worked at The Video Arcade.

It's about a guy getting a hooker for his best friends birthday.

It's 36 minutes long and not very good but he does have some interesting ideas.

Ghostboy

For some reason, I always thought that was a myth. How much of True Romance is evident in it?

kotte

Quote from: GhostboyHow much of True Romance is evident in it?

I guess it's there, you can say that. Some of his ideas in early development.

w/o horse

Quote from: Losing the Horse:
Quote from: kottehe does have some interesting ideas.

I'd be interested in hearing those good ideas.

Did you buy it online?
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

kotte

Quote from: Losing the Horse:
Quote from: kottehe does have some interesting ideas.

I'd be interested in hearing those good ideas.

Did you buy it online?

I downloaded it. It's up on a website but it's in Swedish.

Tell me if you want me to post it...

kotte

Hmm...Most of the site is actually in English...

The site: http://www.piratebay.org/torrents-details.php?id=3287639
The file: http://www.piratebay.org/download.php/3287639/Quentin%20Tarantino%20-%20my%20best%20friends%20birthday.torrent

Download that Torrent-file and open it with, say BitLord...http://www.bitlord.com/BitLord_0.56.exe

Maybe you know all this but anyway...

And oh, a catch! It's painfully slow. I downloaded the 242 MB file in 1-5 KB/s. And I'm on broadband.

w/o horse

I saw this, finally.  My friend has this Karagarga thing and he has access to all these obscure films.  It's fantastic.  Karagarga.  My Best Friend's Birthday was awful, completely terrible in every way.  QT is awful in the film, as an actor, as the screenwriter, as the maker of the film, in every capacity.  I once saw Kiss Daddy Goodnight, this 1988 film with Buscemi and Thurman and horrific production values.  It was by a guy named Peter Ily Huemer.  No one here has ever heard of Peter Ily Huemer, and no one would have heard of QT if My Best Friend's Birthday was how we first had heard of him.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

hedwig

i'd rather be watching the Dirk Diggler Story. :|

w/o horse

Quote from: Hedwig on August 24, 2007, 11:19:33 PM
i'd rather be watching the Dirk Diggler Story. :|

He's downloading it now.

modage

Watch: What Remains Of Quentin Tarantino's First Film, 'My Best Friend's Birthday'
Source: The Playlist

This week, the film world got a little bit of a treat as what's left of Quentin Tarantino's first feature film, "My Best Friend's Birthday" hit the web. Tarantino started work on the 16mm film in 1984 on a $5000 budget, and shot it over the next four years. The incomplete film (more on that in a second) has been shown several times for those lucky enough to catch it, but never released.

Dangerous Minds (via Movieline) discovered the video on YouTube—36 minutes of original Tarantino (curiously, it's been sitting on the video site for almost a year and no one noticed. Huh). Though, it's only the first half of the actual film which ran approximately eighty minutes long with the rest of it lost in a lab fire, never to be seen again. Thanks to the Internet, fans have a new, if half-finished, work to appreciate.

The film stars a ragtag collection of his video store co-workers and friends at the time. It was co-written with Craig Hamaan ("Boogie Boy") and Roger Avary, who would win an Oscar with Tarantino for co-writing "Pulp Fiction", worked on the crew of the pic. Filmed in black-and-white, the movie centers on Mickey (Hamaan), who loses his girlfriend on his birthday, so Clarence (Tarantino) tries to cheer him up. Tarantino has referred to this film as his "film school," as it was his first step to launching the directing career he has today, with plenty of early evidence of the pop-culture laden dialogue and rock 'n roll elements that populate his films. Still no word yet if will get any kind of official release, but that seems to be the next logical step.

No official word yet on what Tarantino will be doing next (though rumors and speculation have been plenty) but he is set to receive the first Critics' Choice Music+Film Award this Friday with mind-boggling musical tributes from Maroon 5 and Keri Hilson.

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Reel

it gets really boring once Tarantino is out of the picture.

LOL- " They should pass a law that says Nancy Allen has to have sex with me anytime I want. "

Robyn

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.