Boogie Nights

Started by Subotai, March 07, 2003, 03:51:31 PM

polkablues

The old ptanderson.com site was abandoned and taken over by spammers long ago. I assume your malware blocker is spotting links to that site in the thread and doing its impression of Shaggy and Scooby Doo going into a scary old house.

EDIT: Except there are no link to ptanderson.com in this thread.... Weird.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Sleepless

It's just Chrome. Happened when I clicked on page one of the thread, then just now when I clicked to reply. Weird.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

max from fearless

'AN ORAL HISTORY OF BOOGIE NIGHTS'
PART OF GRANTLAND'S PTA WEEK

http://grantland.com/features/boogie-nights/

modage

They've been working on that piece for probably 3 years. (I was interviewed for it in like 2011 maybe? when I was writing for C&RV.) No idea why it took so long to post, I think they kept trying to get PTA to be interviewed and he had no interest. Still a pretty great piece.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ono

Something Spanish

Just a heads-up for any NY xixaxers, 35mm screening of Boogie this Fri. in MOMI (Queens).

Something Spanish

Never knew Albert Brooks was offered Jack Hornwr. From Judd Apatow's book:

"One of the reasons I didn't go into it again was I am enjoying acting and there were so many movies I turned down as an actor because I was making my own movies. Every time I see Boogie Nights—you know, I got offered the part that Burt Reynolds got. And I remember going into a screening room and seeing Paul Thomas Anderson. No one knew him yet, and I watched Hard Eight, and I thought, Oh, this is good—this is someone you would like to take a chance with. But I was just getting the money to make The Muse, and if you're writing and directing "and starring in a movie, you can't stop"

modage

Yep, pretty interesting. (But that came out at least a few years ago.)
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.