Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

polkablues

Quote from: Sleepless on September 28, 2018, 09:35:42 AM
Need some music suggestions to listen to at work please. Typically listen via Amazon Music. Have been listening to a lot of Mogwai, Chromatics, Air... would like more similar-sounding stuff. Go.

Night Beds!

Also, I'm still evangelizing Phoebe Bridgers to anyone who'll listen.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Robyn

Quote from: Sleepless on September 28, 2018, 09:35:42 AM
Need some music suggestions to listen to at work please. Typically listen via Amazon Music. Have been listening to a lot of Mogwai, Chromatics, Air... would like more similar-sounding stuff. Go.

low - i could live in hope is a good album... songs: ohia, tindersticks? not sure how similar they are, though. maybe they are too depressing.

I really enjoy the cranberries first album.

Something Spanish

https://youtu.be/fGE-XZApQCs

extremely rare to have the entire clan on one track.

WorldForgot

This song is the lysergic sugar cube finish to the / Sam Ray cheerleader duo EP -- happy tripping back to the days of CD browsing mid 00'z

Robyn

I had no idea about this project. sam ray at his best is pretty amazing.

jenkins

It's the credits song from Shirkers

WorldForgot

Not in the movie but inspired by ~

WorldForgot

Robyn

written by:
tommy cash 
a.g cook
charli XCX

produced by:
a.g cook

Nails9

Quote from: WorldForgot on November 27, 2018, 03:45:11 AM

Great Track, Produced by the great Jeff Lynne, and Great Video, from the Great Team behind 10cc!

And now, Disco Ringo:

WKBB*I/S*NotTP*SSotCB*OS & r.i.p.b.m.

Robyn

not sure why I like this trash

Drenk

I'm listening to a lot of Bashung right now. I don't know if he's known outside of France. Probably not. He was amazing. If you're curious: Fantaisie Militaire (1998) is probably his best album.

And from l'Imprudence:

And my favorite album of the year is probably I'm All Ears by Let's Eat Grandma: they're nineteen so they're not inventing anything new, but the way they mix everything they grew with and the way they add their voices to it create a lively piece of life.

Ascension.

polkablues

Every once in a while, you happen upon something that feels like it exists solely for your own benefit, and in this case for me, it's an indie supergroup featuring Phoebe Bridgers and Julien Baker performing a shoegaze version of The Killers' "Read My Mind."

Just to put this out into the universe in the hopes of willing it into existence: Decemberists/Marina and the Diamonds cover of "Fairy Tale of New York." Universe, do your stuff.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Drenk

Julian Casablancas has his own type of talent. I'm glad he found The Voidz.
Ascension.

WorldForgot