The one thing the Coens kinda suck at is...

Started by ShanghaiOrange, October 14, 2003, 06:17:56 PM

modage

you're writing a fucking book about all the things you dont like about the coen brothers?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

pinkerton310

They say we all lose 21 grams at the exact moment of our death... everyone. The weight of a stack of nickels. The weight of a chocolate bar. The weight of a hummingbird...

Alethia

kotte

Quote from: pinkerton310Who is this guy?

Who are you?

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: kottepinkerton310 wrote:
Who is this guy?

Who are you?

Whoever you are, you have a great 21 Grams avatar. Gotta love Naomi Watts
Si

pinkerton310

What exactly does The Gold Trumpet think the Coen Brothers suck at? I want facts.  I find it hard to believe it's enough to fill a book.
They say we all lose 21 grams at the exact moment of our death... everyone. The weight of a stack of nickels. The weight of a chocolate bar. The weight of a hummingbird...

coffeebeetle

Quote from: ShanghaiOrangenaming their movies.

Intolerable Cruelty, The Hudsucker Proxy, The Big Lebowski, Raising Arizona  :yabbse-thumbdown:

Blood Simple and Oh Brother Were Art Thou are pretty good though.

The Man Who Wasn't There I'm ambivalent about.

I think all of those titles sans Proxy tell you what they're about.  Cmon, let's create another pointless thread...shall we?  :)
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: themodernage02you're writing a fucking book about all the things you dont like about the coen brothers?

Quote from: pinkerton310What exactly does The Gold Trumpet think the Coen Brothers suck at? I want facts. I find it hard to believe it's enough to fill a book.

Jeez, just a joke. And pinkerton, its not called needing to give facts, but opinion. My dislike for the Coen brothers films is well documented in these parts already.

~rougerum

pinkerton310

Chest Rockwell

You guys...You all realize that some of the movies you all praise have titles not necessarily revealing anithing about the plot. Look at PT Anderson's movies: "Magnolia" which from what I could see had nothing to do with the plot (except some say the road at the end is Magnolia Ave., but i didnt notice anything showing it); "Boogie Nights" doesn't realy show anything except maybe the 70s and maybe that it'd be dark; "Punch-Drunk Love" shows no plot at all, but a mood. In fact, I can't hardly think of any title that wasn't at least partly ambiguous. And for the record, I've always loved the Coens' titles. But...maybe we should just rename "Hudsucker Proxy" something more like "Small-Time Moron, Yet Still Loveable, Becomes Pawn To Corporate Fat-Cats and Invents the Hula Hoop". Yea...that would be a good idea....

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Big Lebowski was a very appropriate title...

Raising Arizona could've been better, I wouldn't say horrible...

O Brother was cool...

Fargo.  So simple and in it's simplicity does it draw you into a movie.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: coffeebeetleCmon, let's create another pointless thread...shall we?  
..i like shanghaiorange's threads they are unnique and focuses on things that are true but nobody mentions.......

his "i thought of somethign taranntinno-ish "  is a top 5 hilarious thread here...IMO....