Who's Next To Croak?

Started by cine, September 28, 2003, 11:07:39 AM

Pubrick

Quote from: polkablues on January 18, 2006, 06:26:41 PM
Quote from: Pwaybloe on January 18, 2006, 03:03:25 PM
Hrm.  No. 

Are you calling Jesus a vampire, then?  Because that's sacrilegious, you dirty son of a bitch.
if anything, i was offended by the shittiness of the joke.
under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

hedwig

Hrm.  No.

seriously, stick to your day job

MacGuffin

Actor Chris Penn Has Died

SANTA MONICA (AP) - Actor Chris Penn died in Santa Monica. The brother of Sean Penn was 43.

Santa Monica police say there is no sign of foul play in the death of Actor Chris Penn. The actor and brother of Sean Penn was found dead in a Santa Monica residence.

Chris Penn was seen in many movies - including "Reservoir Dogs" "Footloose," "Corky Romano" and "Mulholland Falls." Santa Monica police are currently on the scene investigating the circumstances.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

thats terrible.  he wasnt looking too good recently. 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

JG

soixante

Just found out that Chris Penn was found dead in Los Angeles.  He was 43.

He was a great actor.  Not just in Tarantino's films, but even in 80's movies like Footloose and All The Right Moves.
Music is your best entertainment value.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Find Your Magali

He was terrific in "At Close Range"

The scene where Walken kills him sends chills down my spine.

squints

strange enough, reservoir dogs wasn't the first movie i remember seeing him in..i was a huge fan of the Best of the Best movies when i was a kid..and was a little disappointed to see him die in the first 10 minutes of the sequel

damn shame i haven't seen him in anything recently
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: MacGuffin on January 24, 2006, 08:23:46 PM
The brother of Sean Penn was 43.

Santa Monica police say there is no sign of foul play in the death of Actor Chris Penn.

How do you die at the age of 43 without foul play?  Or does foul play mean murder and doesn't include drug use?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

matt35mm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure foul play means murder.  It means that at this point, police have no reason to suspect anyone other than Chris Penn as having any involvement in his death.

I found the news shocking, myself.  I probably shouldn't have been, though.  It's strange--I rarely am shocked and I'm hyper-aware of our mortality, so I don't know why I was shocked.  I guess even though death can happen to anyone at any time, there are many cases where it's just unexpected.  Chris Farley and Phil Hartman were two such cases for me.  Hartman especially.  I just never thought about them dying.  I guess I must confess that I do think of most people dying, and what that would mean, and how that would feel... it makes me appreciate life more in my own odd way, I guess.  I don't live in fear of death befalling anyone, but just the knowledge that they will someday die allows me to appreciate that they are currently alive, that I am currently alive.

These celebrities that aren't directly in my life, then, I don't really think much about.  Their deaths can end up being the most shocking because of that.  We all disconnect celebrities from reality.  We know them, not as a person but as an image, since we don't physically know them.  It makes for a sort of unreal aspect to their deaths.  It does in my mind, anyway.  The idea of them ever really being here, and now being gone, is more abstract.  It's less emotional, since I don't really know these people, but more shocking, because "man, what if Chris Penn died" was just about the last thing on my mind.

Eh, these things get me all thinky, but this isn't really worth going on about.  I'm speaking only of my thoughts, though, and not making any statements about anything else.  I only intended to state that it's a particularly strange feeling to me, is all.

squints

you guys think he was dabbling in the nose candy for too long?

Pozer

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.