Viewing Habits?

Started by Teen Wolf, September 16, 2003, 04:49:37 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: Banky
Quote from: P
Quote from: Pas RapportWhy do you watch the trailer before the movie ?
maybe he likes to know everything that's gonna happen before he watches it.. a lot of ppl here are into that..

p, i seriously dig the shit you post on this site

under the paving stones.

budgie

I like to sit near the front in the cinema, central but if with others then left of everyone else. If I sit on the right in cinemas, cars etc I get very agitated. In my arts cinema I specify C9 in the small auditorium and D8 in the large one (there's an aisle down the centre, which bothers me). I get upset if there are people sitting in front of me, unless the place is full, when I don't mind.

At home I think I try to replicate this, only I put my feet up. As in the cinema, talking and noise-making depends on the movie.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: budgieIf I sit on the right in cinemas, cars etc I get very agitated.
so you are a "right leaner" huh?

budgie

You will have to explain that to me.

Gold Trumpet

for big movies and alone, see the movie on slowest day of week (middle of week) and always at the earliest time. Place of seating is always back row. Besides maybe a few people, it feels like you have the place to yourself.

for big movies and w/ friends, doesn't matter about anything.

with indie movies, back row and anytime. no one hardly goes to those around here so I still got the place almost to myself.

~rougerum

SoNowThen

For watching at home alone, I pretty much take care of myself. With friends: phones in home must be unplugged, lights off, total concentration demanded (meaning LOOK at the screen at all times, not at your snacks), one bathroom/coffee break allowed if necessary, must sit and discuss for a few minutes afterward.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

coffeebeetle

1) Lights out
2) Pot if you've got it
3) Don't talk during the movie
4) One bathroom break
5) No fucking cell phones
6) Heineken preferably, please
7) Volume up up up
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

aclockworkjj

Quote from: coffeebeetle25
2) Pot if you've got it
6) Heineken preferably, please
Nuff said.  I'd watch that movie.

Edit: opps. missed it.
Quote from: budgieYou will have to explain that to me.
it's from a Seinfeld episode...sorry, it was my bad joke.  

Basically when a couple are sitting down to, say watch a movie, together...you have a preference as to which way you wanna lean into and snuggle one another.  Since you said you don't like sittin' on the right side of anything...in this scernerio you would be a right-leaner.  Similar to preferences like which side of the bed do you sleep on, what end of the couch to lay your head, or where to sit in a movie theater.  

as I said...stupid joke.

Ravi

Home  

Only watch movies when everyone has gone to bed or when everyone has left the house.  This way, no noise of dishwashing, talking, etc.

No lights on.

No eating during the movie, especially crunchy food that makes noise.

Watch the whole movie when possible.

Don't start a movie if I'm tired.

Theater

Get to the theater early for a popular new release so I don't get stuck in the first few rows.

Sit in the middle region of the theater.

Have the screen fill my range of vision enough so that I'm immersed in the picture but not so that I have to turn my head to see the sides of the screen.

If it is a movie that won't be crowded, show up in the middle of the trailers.

No eating.  (I did buy some popcorn at About Schmidt because I was mad hungry.  Tasted like wet styrofoam.)

Don't leave the theater before the house lights even come up.

Watch the credits for credit cookies.

Ghostboy

At the theater, I try to find the best seat possible that is as far from anyone else as possible. I hate it when you wind up sitting next to some stranger who has bad breath or BO or who laughs. I usually try to sit in the middle in the lower third of the theater. I never buy concessions, unless I'm really really thirsty (but most of the arthouse theaters have bars in them, so sometimes I take advantage of that -- a strong cocktail and a good movie go well together sometimes).

At home -- well, it's usually when I'm writing or editing and just want something on in the beackground. I'm really bad about watching movies at home. If I'm even the slightest bit tired, I'll have trouble staying awake. If someone's there watching it with me, though, I don't have a problem.

©brad

u guys r lucky, im amazed u r able to enforce these kind of strict regulations w/ ur friends when watching movies. i wish i could do the same.  

w/ me, i got to watch movies w/ the right ppl. they don't necessarily have to be film buffs, rather ppl who have a decent enough attention span to pay attention and not ask stupid questions or bitch about slow scenes, etc. what bothers me the most is when u have a friend who doesn't pay attention, who will leave the room, answer a cell phone, mow the lawn, do laudry, and then come back an hour later to catch the very last bit, only to comment on how stupid the movie was.

Pastor Parsley

Theater:

- always weekday matinee
- no concessions (except an occasional box of Sour Patch Kids), bring juice
- stay until credits are finished
- leave through back exit

Home:

- preferably late at night
- wear my cowboy pajamas
- no phone
- no lights
- 1 spliff
- 1 tall glass of ice water w/ slice of lime
- if I have to take a break, I rewind it at least five minutes

puddnanners

at home:  eyes open, feet up, pink arm chair that is about ten feet from tube, by myself, dimly lit room, volume up loud, door locked, juice for drinking, cat sleeping on the rug (good for the chi)

in theater:  eyes open, looking through projection booth window (it is my job to project movies) unless the auditorium is empty  (I only watch movies in the auditorium if I am alone) in which I will sit in the back row (I'm talking way back, next to the love seats and handicapped section) with volume cranked up past the number 5 (usually set at 3 1/2)

mister mister

Quote from: GhostboyI never buy concessions, unless I'm really really thirsty (but most of the arthouse theaters have bars in them, so sometimes I take advantage of that -- a strong cocktail and a good movie go well together sometimes).

Wow.. Ive never been to any cinemas where you can get alcohol.

I usually watch movies at home by myself, because none of my friends like my favourate movies.

I think there are some good points and bad points watching movies with friends who may not be into film as much as you are.
I was watching Human Traffic on sunday night, which I'd seen a few times already.
However two of my friends had also seen it and they dropped off about half way through, after pacing around the loungeroom and playing with things out of bordem.

However, I once got these two 'pacers' to watch Magnolia with me. I knew it was a pretty heavy duty movie , although I hadn't seen it. I was taking a risk seeing it with these guys, but they held out.

And the truth is I probbaly would have taken that movie way more seriously if I saw it on my own, but some moments in it (like the frog falling from sky scene) were just fucking hilairious because we'd gotten delirious by the end of it, it was great.

And there was one scene where the old quiz kid gets out of his car, and the song playing on the radio is "dreaaaaaamss cannn come truee" - I don't know why we thought that was funny but it was the source of laughter for ages afterwards.

cine

Hahaha, ohh, cancer... what will you do next...