You Don't Mess With The Zohan

Started by MacGuffin, December 12, 2007, 05:38:30 PM

hedwig

Quote from: kal on July 13, 2008, 06:53:19 PM
Also, problem with it is that if you are not jewish you wont understand half of the jokes. So that makes it unfunny for some people.
Quote from: Walrus on July 13, 2008, 07:33:36 PM
I wish I was jewish.
Quote from: Ravi on July 14, 2008, 12:37:20 PM
My Jewish girlfriend dragged me to this film.

ok it's my turn to play the jew card.

i'm just as jewish as kal and ravi's girlfriend and it only makes me hate this movie even more. sure i might be "in" on some of the jokes, but these are not jokes i want be in on. if anything it hurts my jewishness to watch adam sandler and co. trivialize the israel-palestinian conflict so shamelessly. this is some bamboozled new millennium minstrel show type shit, people. the dumbest character in the movie is a fucking palestinian cab driver, with a crazy arabic-sounding last name-- who is SO ETHNIC AND STUPID that he actually thinks you can buy nitroglycerin at a pharmacy!! omg!! -- and to top it off, he's played by none other than professional racist rob schneider. what else do you need?

zohan makes me want to convert to christianity.. or join the PLO.

john

The biggest problem with this film is that there is wwwwaaaaayyyyy too much exposition. It takes thirty minutes just to get the motherfucker to America, when that could be covered in less than five.

And, if it wasn't a half hour, it sure felt like it.

There are some redeeming qualities, though... moments that seem like TV Funhouse bits on film that seem wholly Smigel-esque - like the Rocky spoof, with Sandler, cracking open the eggs revealing baby chicks inside.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

pete

anyone seen reprise or the visitor or tell no one or encounter at the end of the world or mongol or gonzo or savage grace...?
CAN WE DISCUSS SOMETHING ELSE?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Kal

Quote from: pete on July 14, 2008, 03:36:33 PM
anyone seen reprise or the visitor or tell no one or encounter at the end of the world or mongol or gonzo or savage grace...?

you can discuss anything you want in the appropriate thread... hell whoever doesnt like this doesnt even have to click here!

Stefen

Damn, Pete. You gotta let this dude pwn you like that?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

Quote from: kal on July 14, 2008, 07:11:27 PM
you can discuss anything you want in the appropriate thread... hell whoever doesnt like this doesnt even have to click here!

stop playing that below average joe card, YOU ANGRY PIECE OF SHIT!
ARRGGGHHH ANGER ANGER ANGER, it's like, go watch another movie and go talk about it man, this is embarrassing.
- Buster Keaton

hedwig

hahah, even though i kinda started the zohan talk, i agree with pete here. enough has been said about this.

Quote from: pete on July 14, 2008, 03:36:33 PM
i saw mongol. i'll post about it tomorrow when i wake up. now i have to go.. sleep..  :sleeping:

Kal

Quote from: pete on July 15, 2008, 01:37:07 AM
Quote from: kal on July 14, 2008, 07:11:27 PM

stop playing that below average joe card, YOU ANGRY PIECE OF SHIT!
ARRGGGHHH ANGER ANGER ANGER, it's like, go watch another movie and go talk about it man, this is embarrassing.

who's angry? me or you? i'm just having fun watching the zohan buddy :)

great, now i feel like i need to watch this movie.

fuck y'all :(
context, context, context.

pete

Quote from: kal on July 15, 2008, 03:09:33 AM
who's angry? me or you? i'm just having fun watching the zohan buddy :)

"angry?  what's this emotion that you call ANGRY?  I've never FUCKING experienced it in my life!  euphoria is all I know.  and orgasm."
shut up and build a zen garden!
- Buster Keaton

Fernando

Quote from: Hedwig on July 15, 2008, 01:48:00 AM
hahah, even though i kinda started the zohan talk, i agree with pete here. enough has been said about this.

Come on, the forum is almost in intensive care and you want ppl to stop talking about a movie  :yabbse-undecided:

Just for the record, of all the films pete mentioned only tell no one (as far as I know) has been here and it lasted one fucking week and of course missed it, I look forward to see some of those films pete mentioned when they are available.

Stefen

This was fucking stupid. Like most of Sandler's flicks, it had some funny parts, but the sum of the movie is so ridiculously awful and offensive that anything good or funny about it just gets tossed out the window in the grand scheme of things.

Sandler's movies are always so racist and offensive, but at the end they give some kind of half assed moral lesson as if that makes it okay for everything that happened earlier.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.