NEW Deftones ALBUM

Started by modage, May 21, 2003, 11:42:43 PM

modage

(this was sort of being discussed in the NOW PLAYING, but i thought it might need its own topic).

thoughts? opinions?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

moonshiner

from what i've listened to so far, it rocks. my buddy picked it up, i like a couple of the tracks a lot.
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

European Son

I've listened to it a few more times, and I still hate it. It's just so.......so bland. I don't have any worthwhile criticisms of it yet, I just really dislike it.

Sleuth

I heard the song Minerva, and it definitely sounds like a setback from White Pony songs...but I like it
I like to hug dogs

Sigur Rós

I am the biggest Deftones-fan in the world! I love the new album. The single 'Minerva' is actually the weakest song on the album  :? And Chino is kind of chubby....

modage

yeah, if we're dishing gossip, chino gained a huge amount of weight between around the fur and white pony and has since kept most of it.  what happened? (rhetorical).  i am/was a pretty huge deftones fan as well. i think ive seen them something like 8 or 9 times.  the first show i went to was like 8 bucks for tickets, and now theyre what like 30 bucks?

as far as the new album, i still need to give it a few more listens...
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sigur Rós

When I saw Deftones, Chino was fucking stoned! He was saying some really fucked up things, but it was great anyway.

NEON MERCURY

.....man this album(self titled) is a HUGE step-back from white pony which is their best .....
i still listen to that phucker....

digital bath and passenger ......solid.....

The Idiot

I really disliked this album when I first bought it, but I needed to realize that its not a White Pony. It harkens back to their old-skool metal (Adrenaline, Around the Fur) except its done a lot better. I love it now.
It is said that evil men have no songs. Why is it, then, that the Russians sing songs?

-Friederich Nietchze