Scarlett Johansson

Started by ono, January 13, 2004, 11:16:22 PM

MacGuffin

Johansson Happy With Her Curvy Figure

Scarlett Johansson struts her stuff in cleavage-baring dresses on the red carpet, but in real life, she'd rather remain a mystery.

"I can't stand those articles where people spill their life story," Johansson says in the October issue of InStyle magazine, on newsstands Friday. "After a while I feel like I know more about them than their best friend does and that's weird. It's better when you don't know everything."

The 21-year-old actress, whose screen credits include "Lost in Translation" and "Match Point," plays a former prostitute in "The Black Dahlia," opposite Hilary Swank and Josh Hartnett.

Johansson says: "Do I ever get nervous about this, right now, being the pinnacle of my career? Yeah, I do. At the end of (filming) every movie I think, `Wow this is the last one! Nice working with you.'"

She's more confident about her hourglass figure. "I'm curvy I'm never going to be 5'11' and 120 pounds. But I feel lucky to have what I've got."

And, given the chance, she'd like to trade lives with President Bush. "Whose life would I like to step into for the day? The president's. I could probably get some things done in the Oval Office."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Myxo

Chest Rockwell

Not a bad photo!

On a related note I saw this girl at the library here that I swear was a Scarlett doppleganger. I was tempted to spark a conversation with her, just for the remote possiblity of seeing her in the pink wig from LiT, which I always have on hand just in case,....and other things... She probably only goes for older men, anyway, that Scarlett-wannabe.

dude, next time you see her, tell her cronopio from xixax said " 'sup".
context, context, context.

SiliasRuby

She possibly can't any cuter? Ot Cannnn She?!?
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

polkablues

Quote from: SiliasRuby on September 20, 2006, 11:14:33 PM
She possibly can't any cuter? Ot Cannnn She?!?

Only the guy who airbrushed the hell out of that photograph knows for sure...
My house, my rules, my coffee

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: cronopio on September 20, 2006, 10:01:13 PM
dude, next time you see her, tell her cronopio from xixax said " 'sup".

So I did and her response was this: "Your dick." Though I don't know if she was talking to you or me there. Or if there might have been an "a" somewhere in there.

MacGuffin

Johansson finds something about "Mary"
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Scarlett Johansson will return to the past again in "Mary Queen of Scots."

The actress will take on the role of Queen Mary of Scotland in the film depicting the antagonistic relationship between Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth I of England, who tried to undermine her rule.

The search for a director is underway. Shooting is expected to begin by the end of summer 2007. The budget of the independently financed film is expected to be in the $25 million-$30 million range. Melanie Johansson -- the actress' mother and manager -- will serve as a producer.

Johansson, in theaters with the 1940s film noir "The Black Dahlia," is filming another period piece, "The Other Boleyn Girl," for Columbia Pictures. She next appears in the magician saga "The Prestige," which Disney will release October 20.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Chest Rockwell

Johansson Lands Sexiest Woman Alive Title

Scarlett Johansson has been handed another major honor after being named Esquire magazine's Sexiest Woman Alive. And the 21-year-old actress shows off what made editors give her the 2006 title on the cover and inside the November issue of the men's style publication. The Lost In Translation star wears a bra and a white Calvin Klein mini-dress on the cover, and then sends temperatures soaring inside with a series of scantily-clad poses as an "enigmatic trailer-park temptress." But Johansson isn't totally impressed by her new title, explaining, "What about my brain? What about my heart? What about my kidneys and my gallbladder?"

Pubrick

Quote from: Chest Rockwell on October 02, 2006, 04:51:58 PM
"What about my brain? What about my heart? What about my kidneys and my gallbladder?"
stop it you're turning me on.
under the paving stones.

Pozer

i got your brain, heart and gallbladder right here, johansson:

MacGuffin

Scarlett Johansson: 'Not Promiscuous'

Scarlett Johansson says that while monogamy might go against instinct, she's happy in her relationship with boyfriend and recent "Black Dahlia" co-star Josh Hartnett.

"Josh is very sweet," the 21-year-old actress says in an interview in Allure magazine's November issue, on newsstands Oct. 24. "He's a good boy. A great person. I'm very lucky and I'm very happy. Contrary to popular belief, I'm not promiscuous.

"There does seem to be a mistaken belief out there that I am sexually available somehow which is not to say that I'm not open-minded about sex," she continues. "Yet I wouldn't say I'm a serial monogamist, either. I mean, I went through periods of time when I was, ah, single. But when I'm in a relationship, I'm in a relationship."

But Johansson, whose films include "Lost in Translation" and "Match Point," still acknowledges monogamy might not be natural.

"I do think on some basic level we are animals, and by instinct we kind of breed accordingly," she says. "But as much as I believe that, I work really hard when I'm in a relationship to make it work in a monogamous way."

Johansson also encourages testing for sexually transmitted diseases.

"I get tested for HIV twice a year. ... One has to be socially aware," she says. "It's part of being a decent human, to be tested for STDs. It's just disgusting behavior when people don't. It's so irresponsible."

Skeleton FilmWorks

Chest Rockwell

Josh Hartnett's response: "uh huh, uh huh, uh--wait, what the fuck?"

MacGuffin

Scarlett Johansson Sings
Actress rumored to try her hand at covering Tom Waits.

It seems that the allure of singing a song for the masses to hear continues to be strong within the Hollywood starlet set. The likes of Minnie Driver, Zoey Deschanel, and countless others have all dipped into the musical maelstrom over the years (and we're not even touching upon the male actors like Johnny Depp, Jeff Bridges, Peter Gallagher, and Robert Downey, Jr.).

According to reports on both Entertainment Weekly and Fox News, the latest silver screen siren to venture into the recording studio is Scarlett Johansson. While at first glance the smoky voiced 22-year old may seem like a strange choice to be a singer, Johansson debuted her mellifluous vocal talents earlier this year on the charity album Unexpected Dreams: Songs From The Stars. Johansson's contribution to the record was a cover of the Gershwin classic "Summertime."

For her solo album debut, however, Johansson will dispense with the globally recognizable standards and go for a more eclectic route. Her full-length recorded endeavor is rumored to be titled Scarlett Sings Tom Waits and is scheduled to be released on the newly resurrected Atco Label (the venerable '70s and '80s imprint is getting a post-millennial facelift from Rhino Records). Granted covering the eclectic Waits is a stretch, but Johansson's raspy timbre may bring a fresh take to the enigmatic singer's catalog.

There is no tentative release date, though spring 2007 has been bandied around in the press.

Skeleton FilmWorks