Pearl Jam

Started by rustinglass, July 21, 2003, 03:02:55 PM

I Love a Magician

I didn't like them on SNL all that much.

mogwai

i did! i was certainly impressed with their song "severed hands".

here it is!

and

world wide suicide

edit: the videos have been taken down.

polkablues

I haven't been digging "World Wide Suicide" too much, but I loved the live version.  And "Severed Hands" was fantastic.  I have high hopes for the new album now.
My house, my rules, my coffee

mogwai

Pearl Jam play first European show in six years

And it's a rare intimate affair for the Seattle band

Pearl Jam marked their first return European in over half a decade, with a rare club show in London tonight (April 20 ).

Playing the Astoria, the group used the sold out show to preview tracks from their new album - out on May 1- their first since 2002's 'Riot Act'.

With the band not having played Britain since their Wembley Arena in 2000 - a tour also included their ill-fated Roskilde Festival set during which nine people were crushed to death - anticipation was high amongst fans and tickets changed hands outside the venue for in excess of £300.

Acknowledging the wait for fans this side of the Atlantic, frontman Eddie Vedder told the crowd "It's been a while. About six years," before launching into a set that mixed old and new.

The band played:

'World Wide Suicide'
'Life Wasted'
'Severed Hand'
'Unemployable'
'Gone'
'Even Flow'
'Sad'
'I Am Mine'
'Insignificance'
'Army Reserve'
'Present Tense'
'Better Man'
'Marker In The Sand'
'Do The Evolution'
'Why Go'
'Man Of The Hour'
'Given To Fly'
'Small Town'
'Porch'
'Comatose'
'Leavin' Here'
'Yellow Ledbetter'
'Alive'

The band are now set to return to the UK in August to headline at the Carling Weekend: Reading and Leeds festivals.

rustinglass

holy fucking shit, they are coming to Lisbon in september!
must not fuck this up. must get tickets.

edit: and Lisbon is the only city entitled to two shows, and there's only one show in the whole of spain. damn, we are "in" now.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

mogwai

Quote from: rustinglass on April 23, 2006, 05:03:18 AM
holy fucking shit, they are coming to Lisbon in september!
must not fuck this up. must get tickets.
they're playing two nights there, i'm sure you'll grab a ticket!

this is the venue:

these are the european dates so far. more dates will be announced shortly:

DATE CITY VENUE
Aug 23 Dublin, Ireland The Point
Aug 25* Leeds, UK Leeds Festival
Aug 27* Reading, UK Reading Festival
Aug 29 Arnhem, Netherlands Geldredome
Aug 30 Antwerp, Belgium Sportpaleis
Sept 2 Vitoria, Spain Azkena Rock Festival
Sept 4 Lisbon, Portugal Atlantico Pavillion
Sept 5 Lisbon, Portugal Atlantico Pavillion
Sept 9 Marseille, France Le Dome
Sept 11 Paris, France Bercy
Sept 13 Bern, Switzerland Arena
Sept 14 Bologna, Italy Palamalaguti
Sept 16 Verona, Italy Arena
Sept 17 Milan, Italy Forum
Sept 19 Torino, Italy Palaisozaki
Sept 20 Pistoia, Italy Duomo Square
Sept 23 Berlin, Germany Wuhlheide
Sept 25 Vienna, Austria Stadthalle

*Tickets currently on sale for these festivals.

rustinglass

Quote from: mogwai on April 23, 2006, 05:12:47 AM

crono, you'd really love this place.
It's near that Calatrava train station you like so much.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

hedwig

Bethie

I wore my Pearl Jam shirt today. Bought it back in September at the show, never worn it until today. Felt right to wear it today.

I can't find a picture but its blue and its girly and has a tiny little gold canadian leaf.
who likes movies anyway

mogwai

abuck1220

QuoteLive On Letterman: Pearl Jam Exclusive Concert To Be Webcast Live From Ed Sullivan Theater

Eddie Vedder meets Ed Sullivan when Pearl Jam takes over the theater on Thursday, May 4th to perform a live mini-concert exclusively for visitors to the LATE SHOW with DAVID LETTERMAN website.

It all begins with Pearl Jam taping their performance on LATE SHOW for broadcast later that evening. Then, immediately following the show taping, Pearl Jam will take the stage again to perform a special concert featuring some of the group's best-known hits as well as never-before heard cuts from their new CD, "Pearl Jam" (released May 2nd).

To watch the live concert, log on to www.cbs.com/lateshow at approximately 5:45pm EDT on Thursday, May 4th. Then be sure to tune in to the LATE SHOW at 11:30pm to catch their regularly scheduled appearance with Dave (along with Julia Roberts).

grand theft sparrow

Two of my friends are going to this.  Bastard.

Funny side note: I think he has Bethie's shirt as well.

Sunrise

For those of you that pre-ordered the avocado through the ten club, it will be a nice weekend. my two cds (the new record and the 92 live performance) came in the mail today. just listening to the new album for the first time right now. damn, it's been too long.

Bethie

I got mine in the mail today too. I love you, Ten Club. I'm listening to new Pearl Jam and it's amazing.
who likes movies anyway

rustinglass

I got my ticket today too. I'm so happy!
-Emir Kusturica