Idle Chatter Explanation?

Started by Banky, November 25, 2003, 07:26:17 PM

MacGuffin

Quote from: chriskelvinhowever this autocratic and bullying attitude is somehow annoying.

We haven't set any 'rules & regulations' in order since Idle Chatter was brought back, and don't intend to. No one is stopping anyone from creating new threads here and expressing themselves. But, collectively, the admins felt what we did was in order to better the site. As JB pointed out, no post counts dropped, so no threads were deleted. If you'd like an old Idle Chatter thread moved, PM one of us, as GT did.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

(kelvin)

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: chriskelvinhowever this autocratic and bullying attitude is somehow annoying.

We haven't set any 'rules & regulations' in order since Idle Chatter was brought back, and don't intend to. No one is stopping anyone from creating new threads here and expressing themselves. But, collectively, the admins felt what we did was in order to better the site. As JB pointed out, no post counts dropped, so no threads were deleted. If you'd like an old Idle Chatter thread moved, PM one of us, as GT did.

Sounds reasonable. Maybe there is just some communicational problem between "common users" and admins.

coffeebeetle

Quote from: Pedro el Fascolomis
Quote from: chriskelvin
Quote from: Pi'm sorry, would u like ur money back?

I never understood your aggressiveness towards other members.
sometimes he's just sarcastic

Yeah, and that clearly carries over on the Internet.  :?
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

Pubrick

most ppl don't hav a problem with it.

i've never had a problem with it.
under the paving stones.

meatball

The first Idle Chatter we designed was quite naturally perfect, it was a work of art, flawless, sublime, a triumph equaled only by its monumental failure. The inevitability of its doom is apparent to us now as a consequence of the imperfection inherent in every human being, thus we redesigned it, based on it's history to more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of it's nature.

Thank you for the laughs this caused me.  :)

neatahwanta

Quote from: coffeebeetle
Quote from: Pedro el Fascolomis
Quote from: chriskelvin
Quote from: Pi'm sorry, would u like ur money back?

I never understood your aggressiveness towards other members.
sometimes he's just sarcastic

Yeah, and that clearly carries over on the Internet.  :?

Actually, as you get to know P aka Pubrick, you'll get the sarcasm immediately.

And I want my money back.

©brad

Quote from: chriskelvinWell, I am sorry if I haven't seen this thread and complained about the lack of an "official" statement. However, my other complaints remain. Is there any explanation why almost the entire forum had to be deleted? There were some popular threads dear to a lot of users, I would say.

I don't know...I'd call it an ugly solution fo an ugly problem.

yes it was an ugly problem. however, starting all over was the best and only solution.

idle chatter was flooded w/ what was more or less spam. so many threads of just two or three members giving eachother head. it was dumb.

this is not the main reason though. idle chatter is back. rock on.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: ©bradthis is not the main reason though.
I dunno why you guys aren't just honest???...sorry, if i am outta line here...but idle chatter was locked cause of me saying something factual about the P-stain (at least that triggered it) that may have made him look bad to others, first it got deleted and then locked completely.  Some entire threads were deleted, cause apparently the only shitty things that can be said should be directed my way.  And honestly, i don't think the admins knew what was the best solution.  Starting over was a good idea.  Seriously...it was flooded with shit (i am guilty of it, but not the lone offender, just probably the biggest)...regardless, the admins are not being pricks about it, if you want a thread back, I am sure all you have to do is ask ...as long as you aren't named jj, you should feel free to post whatever you like.  it's only been a day...but everyone is walking on eggshells, i can tell.  no need to, so knock it off...cause idle chatter rocks!

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I don't expect that post to be up long.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

MacGuffin

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobI don't expect that post to be up long.

Your non-expectation will never be met.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

molly

can we just idly chat, without targeting each other's weaknesses? Just to cause pain equal to the one we feel...because nothing good will come out of that.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobI don't expect that post to be up long.

Your non-expectation will never be met.

Then more respect for you rolls your way from me.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

NEON MERCURY

..I just wanted to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving Eve... :kiss:

and if your a vegetarian or you jusy don't like turkey.enjoy the "soy" substitute... :wink:

cheers.... :drinking:

Anonymous

well, all i have to say is this:

no idle chatter or eggshells?

Reinhold

that was me. forgot to login.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.