No oscar noms for Punch Drunk Love

Started by 82, February 11, 2003, 08:33:44 AM

"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

Girlonthemoon

As expected.... Those people wouldn't know a fantastic film if it jumped up, smacked them over the head and shouted "I'm a fantastic film".
Hud at ya blades...

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Redlum

On the radio in the uk before the announcements were made, Mark Kermode, said to the guy in the US "I hope Punch Drunk Love gets some nominations". To which the US reporter replied "I dont think thats going to happen".

Mark Kermode had some really interesting stuff to say about PDL (sandler in particular), here:

http://www.filmfour.com/ff/ff_channel_kermode_archive_display_item.jsp?id=372
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Xixax

Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Duck Sauce

PTA will get recognized in our awards. If only it mattered...

Cecil

Quote from: GirlonthemoonAs expected.... Those people wouldn't know a fantastic film if it jumped up, smacked them over the head and shouted "I'm a fantastic film".

pdl did all of that

phil marlowe

oakmanc234

PDL HAS NOT ONE OSCAR NOM TO IT'S NAME. NOT ONE. I FEEL LIKE I COULD SMASH MY PATIO WINDOWS AT ANY MOMENT (just kidding, but i'm still sincerley dissapointed) :twisted:  :x [/url]
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'