Conan's the man!

Started by ono, October 16, 2003, 11:38:17 PM

SiliasRuby

He probably won't since he bought a huge mansion in Brentwood.. Fantastic show BTW.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

ono

That doesn't matter.

Not a fan of the caption, but the expression on his face says it all.

rustinglass

Quote from: polkablues on January 23, 2010, 11:03:10 AM
Obviously it wasn't actually a mink Snuggie.

wow I feel stupid  :yabbse-undecided: .. I hadn't yet seen the last show when I wrote that post. I was assuming everything was real..
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Pubrick

i thought the bugatti thing was real but they only had to rent one not buy one for the bit since it wasn't actually ruined by adding the costume to it. the mink thing was pretty unrealistic since it was sposed to be on a supposedly valuable horse which again would not need to be BOUGHT to hav it appear in the sketch, obviously that was just a random horse anyway. and everything in the last one - caviar picasso skeleton - was fake. the joke is not in the price but in the hilarious combination of expensive things to create a character. like all his classic characters.

SO many great characters and sketches i will forever miss, personal faves were:
-the interrupter.. i LOVED the switcheroo at the end, what a great character that would be sure to kill a few minutes (always the aim of any sketch in a nightly talk show)
- small talk moment/sports talk moment/anything like that between conan and max., they final silence that would go on forever was genius, it relied on their lack of chemistry but at the same time was the ONE time they had pefect comedic chemistry.
- pierre bernard's recliner of rage.. this guy, what a guy! i don't know how much involvement his writers had in giving him material, i think they just asked him about whatever was bothering him and then put it into a monologue format.. however they did it, little bernard was endearing and hilarious and a really GREAT way of seeing hilarity in nerdiness. the sketch displayed the exact OPPOSITE of the Leno mentality, he would've only used this dude to make fun of him for not caring about cars.
- and of course the walker texas ranger lever.

i also liked vomiting kermit and the fun hole guy.
under the paving stones.

Myxo

In addition to the characters or sketches P mention above, I'll miss:

Conan Sings a Lullaby
random visits by Abe Vigoda
Frankenstein Wastes A Minute of Our Time
Joel Godard and his "asian male companion"
Pimpbot 5000

I'll also miss Robert Smigel's great voice..

Gibberish Speaking Ronald Reagan
Triumph the Insult Comic Dog
Clutch Cargo celebrity voices.. Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bob Dole, etc

polkablues

I'll admit that I've never watched all that much Conan, just by virtue of not watching much late night TV in general, but of what I have seen, the Jordan Schlansky bits killed me.  I'll miss that enormous tool...
My house, my rules, my coffee

matt35mm

I forgot about Jordan Schlansky!  I just re-watched all the bits and am gutted that we'll probably never see him again.

Stefen

He can't bring clutch cargo with him? That was my favorite.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gold Trumpet

Letterman wasn't suppose to bring his top ten list from NBC to CBS but he did it anyways. Who knows what will carry over and what won't for Conan to his next show.

MacGuffin

NBC, Conan O'Brien back in business
Network picks up 'Justice' pilot from O'Brien's production firm
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Conan O'Brien is getting "Justice" at NBC after all.

Days after the network severed ties with O'Brien as host of "The Tonight Show," it picked up an hourlong pilot from O'Brien's production company, Conaco.

Additionally, NBC has ordered multicamera comedy pilot "The Pink House."

Both shows hail from UMS.

The untitled O'Brien project, known as "Justice," was written by John Eisendrath. Described as a new take on a law show with a larger-than-life character at the center, it follows an ex-Supreme Court justice who quits the Court to start his own legal practice.

Eisendrath is executive producing, with O'Brien, his longtime executive producer Jeff Ross and Conaco's David Kissinger also expected to serve as exec producers.

As part of O'Brien's $33 million settlement with NBC, his NBC-based company was to continue to operate at NBC Uni through the end of the development season.

It would be truly ironic if, following his acrimonious divorce from NBC, O'Brien delivers a hit show for the network as a parting gift.

The pilot pickup for the Eisendrath's script, which had been one of the most buzzed about at NBC in the past couple of weeks, marks the third legal drama pilot on the network's slate for next season, along with "Rex Is Not Your Lawyer" and David E. Kelley's "Kindreds."

"Pink House," from writers Rick Weiner and Kenny Schwartz ("American Dad), centers on two guy friends who move to Los Angeles post-college.

Scott Stuber is exec producing.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Myxo

Mac, you missed the best part of that press release!

-

After Conan joked during his last show that he'd like the Oscar-winning redhead actress [Tilda Swinton] to play him in an HBO movie, Movieline.com asked Swinton about it in an interview at Sundance this week.

"I've heard about Conan! I'm so thrilled," the actress told Movieline. And when asked if she would accept the role, she answered "Yes, yes, yes, absolutely." Swinton went on to joke that in return, Conan should do interviews promoting her movie, "I Am Love," at Sundance.

Gold Trumpet

Final Images of Conan's Tonight Show

Conan's Desk

Performance Area

Band Area

http://www.buzzfeed.com/akdobbins/literal-tonight-show-wreckage

MacGuffin

I guess I'll put this here:

Kevin Eubanks exiting as Leno bandleader
'Tonight Show' announcer John Melendez shifted in revamp
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Changes are coming to Jay Leno's revamped "Tonight Show."

Leno's longtime bandleader Kevin Eubanks is leaving the program, and announcer John Melendez will no longer provide voiceover for the show.

Eubanks will still appear on the revamped "Tonight Show" when it debuts March 1, but the guitarist is currently negotiating an exit date with NBC. Sources expect Eubanks will depart within months of the show's return.

The oft-amused Eubanks joined the "Tonight" in 1992 and took over as bandleader in 1995. Eubanks then followed Leno to his short-lived "Jay Leno Show."

As for Melendez, the former Howard Stern sidekick still expected to continue as a writer on the show.

The network also unveiled a new logo for "Tonight," a more sophisticated-looking and darker image than those used in the past.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

Quote from: MacGuffin on February 17, 2010, 12:15:19 AM

The network also unveiled a new logo for "Tonight," a more sophisticated-looking and darker image than those used in the past.

haha  "Sophisticated"

... or you could say "boring"

I'm already asleep

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

WHAT??? With Eubanks gone, who the fuck is going to be laughing?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye