Mandy.com-NYC/Freelance Questions

Started by Adam0199, March 06, 2003, 05:03:10 PM

Adam0199

Interested in Freelance PA/Assistant Editors working in New York. I'm looking for work, just got back in town from Paris where I was studying film history and theory. I have a fantastic resume and am a qualified PA and Assistant AVID Editor, 4 years of experience.  

I have been sending resume's through Mandy.com and have found out that most posts get +400 responses immediately, making it hard to separate anyone, aside from just getting lucky.

I went to an interview at a major post house, they offered $6/hr. What the fuck? I'm wondering other peoples job search techniques, any other online sources? Has anyine had luck with cold resume drop offs with production companies? I have connections in News and Video production but I want to work in film, and will work in film. It's what I love. I've always had the notion that the best way to work in film is to make films (i.e.creating your own work) which a great dream and something I will do, however, it doesn't immediately pay the rent and feed you in New York City.

Just wondering if anyone has advice or thoughts.  Or if you are a pro and want someone who loves and repspects cinema on your team, feel free to email me.

Best of luck to everyone, this is a great site.

Adam
Brian De Palma “Repeat yourself-only better.”

I knew that if I had the chance to direct a film that it would be an unpleasant experience, which it was and still is and never ends because one has a million chances to control things and people. Especially people and things, things and people. Controlling people . . . it's just hateful, it's the most horrible thing in the world and I'm very vindictive and unforgiving and punishing and it's horrible. And I knew I would be sucked in and I would have to control the food at craft service and I would have to control everything and if one thing didn't go right I would have to punish everyone. -Vincent Gallo

Xixax

My guess would be that it's just like every other industry.

It's not what you know, it's WHO you know.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]