Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

Drill

Why would there be no updates till May? I thought it said this starts in spring/summer? This was announced in early/mid November. There SHOULD be some announcements very soon.

ThereWillBeOreos

Considering how very little we're getting so far, I'm not expecting news in spring so probably summer. April/May. I expect another Phantom Thread situation where after a few days of filming we get a title, or working title

wilberfan

Is it too early to ponder a possible Coronavirus delay?

Drenk

Nothing can be too early at the "barely any info" phase!  :yabbse-grin:
Ascension.

Drill

I've been thinking the same thing. Will L.A. productions start being delayed? There hasn't seemed to be much progress going on with this in general (no start date that we know of, no cast announced). It's starting to seem likely. Watch this be the usual 5 year delay.

ThereWillBeOreos

Quote from: Drill on March 06, 2020, 09:17:18 PM
I've been thinking the same thing. Will L.A. productions start being delayed? There hasn't seemed to be much progress going on with this in general (no start date that we know of, no cast announced). It's starting to seem likely. Watch this be the usual 5 year delay.

I'm betting there's a good chance for a massive delay. Considering it went from February to Spring/Summer. And at this rate, it'll probably be started in Summer if we're lucky. But I feel like there's also another good chance that PTA himself is just slowly working on it. Maybe he had an actor but felt he/she wasn't truly ready. Or maybe he's still tinkering with the script event though he has the funding.

kingfan011

If LA productions start getting delayed or shut down that's another level of scary just in the sense of what that represents.

Alethia

Quote from: ThereWillBeOreos on March 07, 2020, 10:38:56 AM

I'm betting there's a good chance for a massive delay. Considering it went from February to Spring/Summer. And at this rate, it'll probably be started in Summer if we're lucky. But I feel like there's also another good chance that PTA himself is just slowly working on it. Maybe he had an actor but felt he/she wasn't truly ready. Or maybe he's still tinkering with the script event though he has the funding.

In my experience, most projects tend to be much further down the road of prep than you might think by the time initial tidbits of info leak. I could be wrong, but I'll bet you their offices by now are mostly staffed and close to banging. Daniel Lupi was visiting the Joker offices in prep for West Side Story before we even started principal photography back in late summer 18, and barely anything was known about it other than it had been announced. Now what effect Corona might be having on all this I can't speculate. Let us hurry up and wait.

ThereWillBeOreos

Let us hope that the Corona won't affect anything!

kingfan011

Quote from: eward on March 07, 2020, 11:23:53 AM
Quote from: ThereWillBeOreos on March 07, 2020, 10:38:56 AM

In my experience, most projects tend to be much further down the road of prep than you might think by the time initial tidbits of info leak. I could be wrong, but I'll bet you their offices by now are mostly staffed and close to banging. Daniel Lupi was visiting the Joker offices in prep for West Side Story before we even started principal photography back in late summer 18, and barely anything was known about it other than it had been announced. Now what effect Corona might be having on all this I can't speculate. Let us hurry up and wait.

Interesting you worked on Joker. Did it turn out the way everyone on production expected? Did you guys know Joaquin was doing something special?

Yes

No wtf. Corona has nothing to do with this

poopooboy

what if PTA got the corona doe 😳

ThereWillBeOreos

Quote from: BigSock on March 08, 2020, 03:22:49 AM

It is something to consider. We can't just ignore it  :shock:

Alethia

Quote from: kingfan011 on March 07, 2020, 08:31:46 PM
Interesting you worked on Joker. Did it turn out the way everyone on production expected? Did you guys know Joaquin was doing something special?

Can't really speak for anyone else, but it turned out almost beat for beat (excepting some Zazie material) the way it was written, which, for me, was not a good thing. And special? I mean, it was Joaquin - electric to witness, for sure. But I don't think it's a great performance. And I don't blame him, per se.

Let's be real, he should have two Oscars already and Leo should have won this year.

Drill

Quote from: BigSock on March 08, 2020, 03:22:49 AM

They just cancelled a huge tennis tournament in SoCal. Coachella is surely next. I hope you're right...