Aphex Twin (Drukqs)

Started by Bud_Clay, February 22, 2003, 12:34:26 AM

Bud_Clay

electronica at it's finest. has anyone seen/heard about the new movie "Morvern Callar"?...the fact that it used the Aphex Twin song "nannou" in the trailer caught my interest. not too many filmmakers are using electronica.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Bill Maplewoodnot too many filmmakers are using electronica.

WHAT?!

Bud_Clay

i didnt mean techno, i meant electronica. what, have you noticed aphex twin or squarepusher in any films? please do give me titles if so.

BonBon85

Bud_Clay

alright granted...pi..requiem for a dream...anything else?

BonBon85

The Doom Generation
8 mm

(You didn't say the movies had to be good)

Bud_Clay

well im also not that sure about doom generation using electronica...wasnt it dj techno? i never saw 8mm so i cant comment on that. anyway i totally forgot about pi, requiem for a dream and fight club...that's still only 3 however... and when i made that comment i really meant the down right authentic electronica such as aphex twin, squarepusher, & MUM.....i dare anyone to name a film using such artists...

BonBon85

Doom Generation plays "On" by Aphex Twin and 8mm has "Come to Daddy"

Bud_Clay

wow, are you kidding? isnt 8mm that film with nicholas cage in a tank top doing action hero stuff? well, i guess im wrong. i really hated doom generation though.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Bill Maplewoodwow, are you kidding? isnt 8mm that film with nicholas cage in a tank top doing action hero stuff?

That's Con Air. 8 mm is about him looking for the source of a snuff film.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

scr33nwritr

I think you mean Experimental... Electronica covers all aspects of Electronic music. From Trip-hop to Jungle.

Good taste in music though... Richard D James is god! =)

Check out the stuff he did as AFX, Polygon Window, Caustic Window. Also in case you don't know he is releasing a new Remix album in march called "26 mixes for cash"
There is no passion without torment as there is no torment without passion.

Bud_Clay

Quote from: scr33nwritrCheck out the stuff he did as AFX, Polygon Window, Caustic Window. Also in case you don't know he is releasing a new Remix album in march called "26 mixes for cash"

I absolutely love the stuff he did as AFX. I even have some of the albums he did as Universal Indicator (although that's not at all his best stuff).. i'm very interested to hear Richard as Polygon Window however. Christ he has a lot of stuff. Tell me how 26 Mixes For Cash is if/when you hear it!

Satcho9

I listen to Aphex Twin, and Drukqs has to be the biggest piece of shit he could produce. Rumor had it he made this album to get out of his record contract.....hence the shitty album.

PS-The video for Windowlicker has to be one of the best ever..

children with angels

Quote from: Satcho9I listen to Aphex Twin, and Drukqs has to be the biggest piece of shit he could produce. Rumor had it he made this album to get out of his record contract.....hence the shitty album.

I can't say anything about that rumour, but as for your view of the album, I have nothing to say except: "incorrect".
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Satcho9

I respect your opinion, as i hope you do mine.

Dont get me wrong, I love Aphex. I just didnt care for Drukqs.

Are they ever going to finish that promo that made for Drukqs..the one with the guy in the wheelchair.