So Far This Year, vol.2

Started by Ghostboy, June 21, 2004, 01:47:48 AM

MacGuffin

Quote from: clerkguy23UncleJoey... The Day After Tomorrow? Come on... that was fucking horrible. it was completely ridiculous on about 10 different levels for a million different reasons.

Read his entire post.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

The Passion of the Christ
Eternal Sinshine of a Spotless Mind
Kill Bill v.2
hopefully by the end of the year i will make a solid top ten list ..

UncleJoey

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: clerkguy23UncleJoey... The Day After Tomorrow? Come on... that was fucking horrible. it was completely ridiculous on about 10 different levels for a million different reasons.

Read his entire post.

Thank you.
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

UncleJoey

Quote from: NEON MERCURYThe Passion of the Christ
Eternal Sinshine of a Spotless Mind
Kill Bill v.2
hopefully by the end of the year i will make a solid top ten list ..

Eternal Sinshine? The Passion must have really had an effect on you. (insert smiley face here)
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

Pubrick

Quote from: UncleJoeyEternal Sinshine? The Passion must have really had an effect on you. (insert smiley face here)
u may be onto sumthing..

Quote from: NEON MERCURYThou Shalt Not Kill Bill v.2
under the paving stones.

Fernando

Quote from: Ghostboy
1. Before Sunset
2. Spring, Summer Fall Winter...and Spring
3. Eternal Sunshine
4. The Dreamers

5. Kill Bill 2
6. Cigarettes And Coffee
7. The Saddest Music In The World
8. I'm Not Scared
9. Baadasssss
10. The Passion
11. Young Adam

The first two will definitely still be there come December...probably the first four.

So, which other 6 - 8 films do you think will be better than the ones you mentioned?

I looked up and these are some flims that might be really good.

Fahrenheit 9/11
Zatoichi
Hero
Collateral
Alexander
The Incredibles
The Brothers Grimm
The Aviator
The Life Aquatic

Ghostboy

It could be any of those you mentioned (although Brothers Grimm got pushed to '05), most likely The Life Acquatic, possibly Farenheit 9/11, but I'm hoping to be surprised by a few that I might not know about yet. Like Spring Summer Fall Winter, which I knew nothing about when I walked into the theater. Maybe Birth, if it gets released. Maybe Finding Neverland, if it's any good. Maybe even...The Brown Bunny?

Oh, I just thought of a new one. An Asian film called Oasis which is being released in the US right now but came out overseas two years ago. It's amazing. That'll probably be on it.

The whole multiple release thing is tricky. I had Dogville on my list last year, even though it didn't get released here until this year.

brockly

Kill Bill 2
Eternal Sunshine
Dogville
Dawn of the Dead
Triplets of Belleville (released in aus this year)

worst - punisher (ugh! this year's Reloaded)

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: UncleJoeyEternal Sinshine? The Passion must have really had an effect on you. (insert smiley face here)
u may be onto sumthing..

Quote from: NEON MERCURYThou Shalt Not Kill Bill v.2

hahahaha... :)

Film Student

Best films of the year so far:

1. Dogville
2. The Dreamers
3. We Don't Live Here Anymore
4. Napolean Dynamite
5. Harry Potter 3
6. Kill Bill 2
7. Saved!
8. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
9. Dawn of the Dead
10. Haute Tension
"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

modage

i think its something like this...

1. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
2. Kill Bill: Vol 2
3. Shrek 2
4. Spider-man 2
5. The Terminal
6. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
7. The Passion of the Christ
8. Man on Fire
9. Fahrenheit 9/11
10. Starsky and Hutch
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

GodDamnImDaMan

no paticular order

Passion of the Christaroonie
Spiderman 2 (fuck you all)
Big Fish (I saw it late)
Eternal Sunshine
Cigs and Coffee
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

LostEraser

I think 2004 is the best first six months of a year for movies I can think of, with some of my favorites of all time on the list already. I hope the rest of the year is like this.

1. Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
2. Saddest Music In The World
3. Cowards Bend The Knee
4. Dogville
5. The Five Obstructions
6. Kill Bill Vol 2
7. Coffee And Cigarettes
8. Before Sunset
9. The Dreamers
10. Father And Son

Already that's the best top ten list I've had in years. And this year is only half over.  Already I can't think of getting rid of any of those movies from the list but I'm sure I'll also want put The Aviator, 2046, The Life Aquatic, and many others on there as well once the year is over.
Capra tells us that, in effect, love's dreams are only dreams and that they will never quite bear translation into practical forms of relationship and expression. They will never be realized in the world but only in our consciousness and in our most daring and glorious works of art - but that, for Capra, is no reason to abandon love's dreams.
--Ray Carney, American Vision: The Films Of Frank Capra

Alethia

eternal sunshine
dreamers
coffee and cigarettes
before sunset
spring, summer, fall, winter...and spring
harry potter
farenheit 911
kill bill vol II
passion of the christ
super size me