What DVDs did you get for the Christmas?

Started by Banky, December 03, 2003, 01:16:54 PM

modage

FOR XMAS AND A FEW GIFT CARDS SPENT TODAY...

GIRLFRIEND GOT:

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alethia

to add to the dvds i recieved as presents (listen in I JUST BOUGHT wrong-headedly), i took my borders gift cards and bought

griffith masterworks boxset
king of comedy
the postman always rings twice (lana turner)
psycho (hitchcock)
the big sleep

El Duderino

jesus mod, how many fucking giftcards did you have?
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

cine

Quote from: El Duderinojesus mod, how many fucking giftcards did you have?
i dont know but he's only got one girlfriend, and even that i'm not entirely sure about..

Redlum

I got the Coen Brothers Box-set (Blood Simple, Lebowski, Hudsucker, and Barton Fink), Dick Tracy, Drop Dead Fred, and the Naked Gun trilogy (4&1/20 hours of Nakedness).
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Myxo

I got True Romance on DVD but I already own it.

Oh well. It'll come in handy this Tuesday for Garden State.

;-)

Bethie

Quote from: themodernage02GIRLFRIEND GOT:

Mary Poppins and some shit

This is the second girlfriend of someone around here that has bought or received Mary Poppins. Gees, you guys have some pussy ass girlfriends.
who likes movies anyway

Gamblour.

Quote from: Bethie

This is the second girlfriend of someone around here that has bought or received Mary Poppins. Gees, you guys have some pussy ass girlfriends.

Mine's a tranny, so I literally don't know what you're talking about.
WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

Quote from: Gamblor not so gone.

Mine's a tranny, so I literally don't know what you're talking about.

I got my copy for myself. I guess I'm the pussy ass.  :yabbse-undecided:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

whats wrong with mary poppins?  what did you get?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Fernando

JG

Seinfeld Season 4
Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 3 and Season 4 (haven't seen most of these episodes.  i've actually never seen the whole crazy eyes killah episode.  this will be a fun week.)
Arrested Development Season 2
Royal Tenebaums Criterion
Le Samurai Criterion (still haven't seen this so it should be fun)
Shoot the Piano Player Criterion
Barton Fink (finally!)
La Strada Criterion (again, finally!)

i also got some rad CDs and Final Draft.  And a couple good books. 

squints

i got this:

which was promptly exchanged for this:

God bless my folks for keeping receipts
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

ono

Gamblour.

Damn, I forgot the Up series is out. That's awesome.

WWPTAD?