what the hell happened to xixax?

Started by GodDamnImDaMan, December 15, 2003, 11:53:10 PM

Reinhold

the URL code isn't working for some reason.

i don't mind the new look... miss the banners though. not bitching.

hasta la taco. i'm going to new york for a few weeks. might post, might not. too lazy to find the appropriate thread.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Link

With the majority of us always lobbying for macs, did you really think they would keep this permanent?  I think it's interesting, sharp, and well done.  I'm just waiting for the Apple version  :wink:

Pwaybloe

Quote from: Reinhold Messnerthe URL code isn't working for some reason.
Yeah, it is.  Just roll your mouse over it.

I'll tell you one thing: the load times are a hell of a lot faster.  

I'll tell you two things: Aisha Tyler is hot.

Gold Trumpet

SoNowThen

PLEASE CHANGE BACK
PLEASE CHANGE BACK

I feel like the girl I'm in love with just cut her hair short and died it purple...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Raikus

This fucked up my whole day.

Can't Mike just go back to posting Goaste stuff. I'd rather look at that.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Pubrick

Quote from: SoNowThenI feel like the girl I'm in love with just cut her hair short and died it purple...
i can live with that..

under the paving stones.

Sigur Rós

mogwai

i like changes. get used to it god damn it.

Xixax

You guys are entertaining me with all this.

Two things of note...

1: This theme is a PARODY. A damn fine one, if you ask me. But like all parodies, they soon grow old. When that happens here, the XP theme will go away. Don't worry it's not permanent.

2: The new official Xixax logo is being created now, and I suspect that when we unveil that, we'll also unveil a new overall theme for the board. Or, at the very least, some tweaks to the old "XixMac" theme that we had all grown accustomed to.

Change is inevitable... But don't worry, this ain't it.

C'mon, don't we at least get a few creativity points for twisting the Windows logo on its side and turning it into an "X"? That was the inspiration for the whole theme!
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

modage

i was hoping this was all a bad dream, but i awake to find that its not.  oh GOD!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

©brad

Quote from: XIXAXChange is inevitable... But don't worry, this ain't it.

C'mon, don't we at least get a few creativity points for twisting the Windows logo on its side and turning it into an "X"? That was the inspiration for the whole theme!

no joke. i'm luving this whole thing.

change is good, ass goblins. deal w/ it.

Jeremy Blackman

The left banner was the cornerstone of my existence. Will it be back in some changeable form?

The switching of where the quote/edit/etc buttons are is driving me crazy.

Find Your Magali

Quote from: themodernage02i was hoping this was all a bad dream, but i awake to find that its not.  oh GOD!

Maybe all of xixax exists only in the head of little Tommy Westphall.

(If you got that reference, then you're as old as me!)

I kind of like the changes...

Finn

I don't like this new XIXAX at all. It really does look like Bill Gates took over the joint. It's confusing, it's not colorful and it doesn't look like a place for moviebuffs.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."