Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

RegularKarate

What? its fucking garbage.
It sounds like Disturbed covering 'The Sound of Silence'

Lottery

That gosh darned Frank Ocean record. Gorgeous and deep.

Myxo

Quote from: N on July 21, 2016, 02:44:01 PM
How did I only find this song just now

Thom Yorke and Johnny Greenwood did a neat little cover of this. Youtube it. (of Portishead's "The Rip")

Lottery

Quote from: RegularKarate on July 27, 2016, 04:05:48 PM
What? its fucking garbage.
It sounds like Disturbed covering 'The Sound of Silence'

Yeah, agreed. It's rubbish. It's not even the fact that's Disturbed doing this- my favourite band could have done this and it would still be awful (obviously). Ugly and overproduced.
That said,  season 4 of Arrested Development kinda ruined this song forever anyway.

Myxo

Here's a great example of a band which never caught on here in the states. They have a much bigger following in the U.K. But they were fucking incredible when I saw them back in 2001. If you can believe it, an unknown band at the time "The Strokes" opened for them. So I got to hear this entire album AND the entire Strokes album "Is This It" played from beginning to end before anyone had heard it yet.

polkablues

Thank you to the AV Club for reminding me of how awesome Liz Phair is and always has been.

http://www.avclub.com/article/hear-scope-liz-phairs-underrated-career-58-minutes-243021
My house, my rules, my coffee

N

Quote from: Myxo on September 20, 2016, 04:15:31 PM
Quote from: N on July 21, 2016, 02:44:01 PM
How did I only find this song just now

Thom Yorke and Johnny Greenwood did a neat little cover of this. Youtube it. (of Portishead's "The Rip")

Yeah their cover is awesome! I actually discovered the original after watching the cover haha.

On the topic of Thom Yorke:

N

For some reason Val Kilmer is in a Oneohtrix Point Never video

Edit: Holy shit! Just saw that Rick Alverson was the director. No wonder I like it so much.

https://youtu.be/1UztCDH2xuQ

cinemanarchist

A song for these dark days and trying to find hope.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

N

Robyn

jenkins

never before been such a solid "choose your own caption" song

polkablues

Ephebophilia is really having a moment right now.
My house, my rules, my coffee

N

Crazy lush RnB by Steve Allen and Terry Gibbs.