Worst Films of 2002

Started by life_boy, January 09, 2003, 06:01:40 AM

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Duck SauceGoldmember was by far the worst movie I saw this whole year, and maybe a contender for the worst movie ever.

It wasn't great, but it definitely wasn't the worst movie ever... if nothing else, because of the cameo orgy and the classic silhouette scene.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: Duck SauceGoldmember was by far the worst movie I saw this whole year, and maybe a contender for the worst movie ever.

It wasn't great, but it definitely wasn't the worst movie ever... if nothing else, because of the cameo orgy and the classic silhouette scene.

That's true... I would say that I'm disapointed by the list of worst movies of the year because while a lot are bad, I wouldn't say they were the worst... I think because of the fact that most here have the ability of spotting a Kangaroo Jack from the trailers, this should be named the most disapointing movies of the year.

Speaking of Kangaroo Jack... who went to see that fucking thing?  You can't tell me it was number one last weekend and none of you went to see it.  SHAME!

MacGuffin

Quote from: RegularKarateSpeaking of Kangaroo Jack... who went to see that fucking thing?  You can't tell me it was number one last weekend and none of you went to see it.  SHAME!

http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=225
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: RegularKarateSpeaking of Kangaroo Jack... who went to see that fucking thing?  You can't tell me it was number one last weekend and none of you went to see it.  SHAME!

http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=225

ACK!  I've been redirected... DAMN!

See XIXAXERS!  the new post /old post function doesn't work right and I get Mac-blasted

polkablues

I've said it before and I'll say it again... ROLLERBALL!!!!!!!!!!!

By far the worst of 2002, and probably the worst since Highlander 2.  Rollerball brings new shame to the filmic medium.  I'm thinking of buying the DVD.
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

23rd Annual RAZZIE Award® Nominations

KEY: (*) Indicates Former Oscar® Winner or Nominee
(#) Indicates Former RAZZIE® Winner or Nominee

Worst Picture:
THE ADVENTURES of PLUTO NASH (Warner Bros.)
CROSSROADS (Paramount)
Roberto Benigni's PINOCCHIO (Miramax)
STAR WARS: EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES (Fox/Lucasfilm)
SWEPT AWAY (Screen Gems)

Worst Actor:
Roberto Benigni (Dubbed GODZILLA-Style by Breckin Meyer) PINOCCHIO*#
Adriano Giannini/SWEPT AWAY
Eddie Murphy/ADVENTURES of PLUTO NASH, I SPY and SHOWTIME#
Steven Segal/HALF PAST DEAD#
Adam Sandler/ADAM SANDLER'S 8 CRAZY NIGHTS and MR. DEEDS#

Worst Actress:
Angelina Jolie/LIFE, OR SOMETHING LIKE IT*#
Jennifer Lopez/ENOUGH and MAID IN MANHATTAN#
Madonna/SWEPT AWAY#
Winona Ryder/MR. DEEDS*                                
Britney Spears/CROSSROADS        

WORST Supporting Actor:
Hayden Christensen/STAR WARS/EPISODE II: YADA-YADA-YODA            
Tom Green/STEALING HARVARD#  
Freddie Prinze, Jr./SCOOBY DOO
Christopher Walken/THE COUNTRY BEARS*
Robin Williams/DEATH TO SMOOCHY*

WORST Supporting Actress:
Lara Flynn Boyle/MEN IN BLACK II
Bo Derek/MASTER OF DISGUISE#
Madonna/DIE ANOTHER DAY#
Natalie Portman/STAR WARS: EPISODE...WHO CARES?#
Rebecca Ramijn-Stamos/ROLLERBALL

MOST FLATULENT TEEN-TARGETED MOVIE (New Category!):
ADAM SANDLER'S 8 CRAZY NIGHTS (Sony/Columbia)                      
CROSSROADS (Paramount)                  
JACKASS: THE MOVIE (Paramount)                  
SCOOBY DOO (Warner Bros.)                          
XXX (Sony/Revolution)

Worst Screen Couple:
Adriano Giannini & Madonna#/SWEPT AWAY
Roberto Benigni* & Nicoletta Braschi / Benigni's PINOCCHIO
Hayden Christensen & Natalie Portman#
STAR WARS/EPISODE II: SEND IN THE CLONES
Eddie Murphy# & EITHER Robert deNiro# (SHOWTIME) Owen Wilson (I SPY)or Himself Cloned (THE ADVENTURES OF PLUTO NASH)
Britney Spears & Whatever-His-Name-Was/CROSSROADS

Worst Director:
Roberto Benigni/PINOCCHIO*          
Tamra Davis/CROSSROADS
George Lucas/STAR WARS/EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE GROANS *
Guy Ritchie/SWEPT AWAY
Ron Underwood/THE ADVENTURES of PLUTO NASH

Worst Remake or Sequel:
I SPY (Sony/Columbia)                    
MR. DEEDS (Columbia/New Line)            
Roberto Benigni's PINOCCHIO (Miramax)
STAR WARS/EPISODE II: WHAT-EVER (20th Century-Fox)                                      
SWEPT AWAY (Screen Gems)                                                              

Worst Screenplay:
THE ADVENTURES of PLUTO NASH, Written by Neil Cuthbert                                                  
CROSSROADS, Screenplay by Shonda Rhimes
Roberto Benigni's PINOCCHIO, Screenplay by
Vincenzo Cerami and Roberto Benigni*
STAR WARS: EPISODE II: THE BOREDOM CONTINUES,
Screenplay by George Lucas* and Jonathon Hales              
SWEPT AWAY. Screenplay by Guy Ritchie

WORST 'ORIGINAL' SONG:
"Die Another Day" from DIE ANOTHER DAY
"I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman" from CROSSROADS
"Overprotected" from CROSSROADS
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

Swept Away must have been really really bad. With Madonna leaving him, this has no been the best year for Guy Ritchie.

Ghostboy

Wait, she's leaving Guy Ritchie?

Referring back to Goldmember, I didn't like the movie too much, but I could forgive it if it hadn't cost 70 MILLION DOLLARS to make. How the fuck do you spend 70 mil on that movie? I just don't understand. They didn't even once use trick photography to get Dr. Evil and Austin in the same shot...the first film had higher production values. I guess it all went into the Tom Cruise intro.

My own vote:

Rollerball
Death To Smoochy
Scooby Doo
XXX

Crossroads was just too darn fun to make fun of for me to hate it the way I hate the movies listed above.

Jeremy Blackman

I always wanted to see the new Pinnochio, cause its looks like the most ridiculous movie ever made.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanI always wanted to see the new Pinnochio, cause its looks like the most ridiculous movie ever made.

I refer you to

http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=427

Victor

you wanna talk overbudgeted? pluto nash cost almost 100 mil, made like 4 mil back. what a collossal piece of shit.
are you gonna eat with us too?

Cecil

Quote from: Lesteryou wanna talk overbudgeted? pluto nash cost almost 100 mil, made like 4 mil back. what a collossal piece of shit.

LOL

bonanzataz

I forgot how incredibly awful 8 Crazy Nights was.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

SHAFTR

Outside the first 5 minutes of Goldmember...I struggled to finish the movie, and ultimately didn't.

About a Boy...bad?
No way.
I have the book, dvd and soundtrack and they are all entertaining.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Newtron

And where the hell is Ecks Vs Sever?

Wasn't that the biggest piece of shit ever?