William H Macy spills how he got his part in Fargo

Started by ReelHotGames, March 08, 2003, 04:20:17 PM

ReelHotGames

Saw William H Macy last night at Cinequest and he talked about gettign Frago after 3 auditions for the Coen brothers whom he described as "Hippies who have been givien alot of money", he did hysterical takes on them with laid back voices and lethargic attitudes. But he talked about auditioning and after stalking his way into the third audition he told them "I'm not going to let you screw this movie up by casting someone else. I'll make this easy on you, if you don't cast me - I'll shoot your dog"
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

xerxes

Quote from: William H. Macy"I'm not going to let you screw this movie up by casting someone else. I'll make this easy on you, if you don't cast me - I'll shoot your dog"

that is the greatest quote ever

ReelHotGames

I know! If he hadn't actually said it - it would be a line from a movie! Hearing him say it, it seemed like a perfect Mamet or PT Anderson moment
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

ono

"I'm gonna drop-kick those fucking dogs if they come near me."

Hah!

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Onomatopoeia"I'm gonna drop-kick those fucking dogs if they come near me."

Hah!

What someone please explain what a drop-kick is?

MacGuffin

Quote from: Sigur RósWhat someone please explain what a drop-kick is?

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

©brad

Quote from: P™brilliant.

mac. that's brilliant. yo.

as usual.

sexterossa

Quote from: Onomatopoeia"I'm gonna drop-kick those fucking dogs if they come near me."
god, what a perfect peice of dialogue.
I dream of birds and sometimes they land and burst into flames. And I dream my teeth are rotting. And when I am awake, I dream of you.

MacGuffin

Macy Selling Himself Out

Actor William H. Macy is turning his back on critically-acclaimed, independent films to star in big-budget blockbusters. The Fargo star is proud of his filmography, but now he's a father to Sophia, four, and Georgia, two, he claims it's time he started bringing home the big bucks. Macy, who recently tasted big-budget film-making with his role in Jurassic Park III, says, "My a** is for sale, and I want to do big movies that pay a lot of money to shoot in LA. Starting right now: no more art. Recently, I realized I've got all these artistic frequent-flier miles and so, I'm cashing them in. I want to do big, fat movies. I've got two little kids. It changes when you have kids. You quickly do an inventory and wonder if you should start apologizing in advance. But my daughter just tore the seat out of a chair - so that's worth one movie right there. I'll just remind her of that when she's old enough."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: MacGuffinMacy Selling Himself Out

Actor William H. Macy is turning his back on critically-acclaimed, independent films to star in big-budget blockbusters. The Fargo star is proud of his filmography, but now he's a father to Sophia, four, and Georgia, two, he claims it's time he started bringing home the big bucks. Macy, who recently tasted big-budget film-making with his role in Jurassic Park III, says, "My a** is for sale, and I want to do big movies that pay a lot of money to shoot in LA. Starting right now: no more art. Recently, I realized I've got all these artistic frequent-flier miles and so, I'm cashing them in. I want to do big, fat movies. I've got two little kids. It changes when you have kids. You quickly do an inventory and wonder if you should start apologizing in advance. But my daughter just tore the seat out of a chair - so that's worth one movie right there. I'll just remind her of that when she's old enough."
That's an extremely expensive chair. Maybe he should just go to a cheaper furniture store.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

cowboykurtis

...your excuses are your own...

Gamblour.

Let him take the big movies. He'll make them worth seeing. And it's not even like he was serious.
WWPTAD?

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Gamblor not so gone.And it's not even like he was serious.
How do you know that?
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Ghostboy

Quote from: SiliasRuby
Quote from: Gamblor not so gone.And it's not even like he was serious.
How do you know that?

Because IMDB always takes comments made in jest and reports them with the utmost earnestness. He's been doing expensive movies for years, in between the more frequent little things.