Angelica Huston

Started by molly, April 24, 2004, 08:24:02 PM

bonanzataz

i believe i put her down in the "favorite performances of all time" thread when she played the grand high witch in the witches. she was fantastic. my sister and i quote her all the time. i wish they would come out with a new dvd that would fit on my widescreen tv. the one out now is pan and scan (ARGH!). anyhow, every line she delivers in that movie is classic. i love her way too much.

Quote from: ElPandaRoyalAnd let's not forget her as the mother in Buffalo '66.

YES! one of the only things about that movie that i really enjoyed.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

El Duderino

Anjelica Huston signed to direct "The White Rose"
Source: Variety

Oscar winning actress Anjelica Huston has signed on to direct the World War II drama, "The White Rose," Variety reports.

The film, which marks Huston's third directing stab, tells the story of a group of dissident German college students known as the White Rose.

Headed by siblings Hans and Sophie Scholl, the group distributed leaflets that challenged the government's war claims and attempted to awaken their fellow Germans to the atrocious realities of what Nazism meant.

Christina Ricci, who recently received rave reviews for her work in the indie film "Monster," will play Sophie Scholl. Albert Finney, Liam Neeson and Tim Robbins are in talks for additional roles.

The film, which is written by Allegra Huston, is an English-German-Italian co-production that schedule to start shooting in November in Germany.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

MacGuffin

Anjelica Huston Tries Out Indie 'Material'

Oscar winner Anjelica Huston and Brent Spiner of "Star Trek" fame, have joined the cast of the upcoming cosmetics comedy "Material Girls," which is set to feature sibling stars Hilary and Haylie Duff.

Martha Coolidge is directing the film, which began principal photography April 18 in Los Angeles.

In the comedy, which follows a pair of cosmetics heiress sisters (the Duff sisters) who lose their fortune in a questionable scandal, Huston will portray the owner of a rival cosmetics firm trying to wrest control of the girls' company.

Spiner, best known as the android Data on "Star Trek: The Next Generation," will portray the CEO of the besieged company.

Actor Lukas Haas (the little Amish boy who witnessed a murder in the 1985 thriller "Witness") has been cast as the head of a free legal clinic where the girls go for help.

Both Spiner and Haas have worked with Coolidge, Spiner having co-starred in "Out to Sea," "Introducing Dorothy Dandridge" and "The Ponder Heart." Haas was in the Coolidge-directed feature "Rambling Rose."

Huston, who won an Oscar as best supporting actress for "Prizzi's Honor" (1985), most recently was seen in "The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou." Her upcoming films include "Art School Confidential."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks