Sean Connery

Started by ElPandaRoyal, November 07, 2003, 04:35:54 PM

ElPandaRoyal

I hate him. He's not that great an actor and I keep hearing stories of how much he thinks of himself a very important guy, has discussions with almost every director of every movie he's in and quite frankly, most of his film choices are really horrible. Pisses me of when people badmouth Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt because they're only pretty faces and don't give them enough credit as actors and this guy is considered a fucking legend by everyone (granted, he was Indiana Jones father and he was JamesBond) and I doubt that if it wasn't for his good looks he would have had a movie career at all. I know many of you will say I'm crazy, but I don't care. I really dislike him.
Si

MacGuffin

This is what I'd tell Connery if I ever met him.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

but he's Indiana Jones father, and he was James Bond?!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Sean Connery & New Line are Plotting Revenge
Source: The Hollywood Reporter

New Line Cinema has attached Sean Connery to star in and is seeking a director to further develop The Picaresque Revenge, a con movie said to be in the spirit of The Sting.

The project, written by Jason Keller, centers on a former FBI agent who is released after spending 15 years in prison for a crime he didn't commit. Desiring to target those he believes put him behind bars and to re-obtain his $360,000 pension, the man pulls a series of brilliant crimes and ultimately gets his revenge.

The project was originally acquired by New Line last year as a pitch titled "Leavenworth." Should the project go forward, it will mark the first time Connery has worked with New Line.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gold Trumpet

I agree he is overrated. He really wasn't a very good Bond, but he was the staple of the Bond ID so accepted by everyone. Pierce Brosnan has the wit and charm that Connery lacked. Connery's career after never saw him doing really challenging films at all. He'd do a lot of casual films and then a drama every now and then. Not really a body of work that is impressive. Thing is, for me, he made it all worth it just by his performance in the Hunt for the Red October and how great that film was as a thriller and how it perfectly captured his talent.

myadopteddaughter

I am really not that impressed with him either, to be honest.
He's had a few good roles, but I lend that mostly to the writing and directing.
But I still stand by the fact, now and forever, he is one hot old guy.
mmm, mmmm good

Gamblour.

He's fine by me, I can do a great impression of him.
WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

Sean Connery Loads Josiah's Canon
Source: Variety

Variety reports that Sean Connery will star in Josiah's Canon for 20th Century Fox. Brett Ratner is in talks to direct the film, which the studio is aiming to start filming this fall in New York and Europe.

Originally written by screenwriter Jeff King with a most recent draft by Phil Alden Robinson, the dramatic heist story concerns a Holocaust survivor (Connery) who leads the world's foremost team of bank robbers.

The criminal mastermind sets his sights on an supposedly impenetrable bank in Switzerland, which holds special appeal: It purportedly houses money deposited by Jews before the Holocaust.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Connery Checks Out of CANON
Oscar winner passes on a $17.5 million paycheck to get out of Brett Ratner-helmed action drama.

Sean Connery was so eager to distance himself from Fox's Josiah's Canon that he is foregoing a $17.5 million paycheck.

The official word from a Connery spokesperson is that the actor withdrew from the film to give full attention to writing his memoirs. Connery made a seven-figure deal last July to write his autobiography for HarperCollins U.K.

But rumors are flying that Connery, who is 74, might be on the verge of retiring from acting. It's no secret that the hassles of making a mega-budget studio film have drained his enthusiasm. On his last film, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, he had heated arguments with director Stephen Norrington.

Meanwhile, the studio is feverishly looking for a replacement for Connery. The film was to begin shooting in Prague in February under the helm of Brett Ratner.

Skeleton FilmWorks

hedwig

Quote from: MacGuffinThis is what I'd tell Connery if I ever met him.

:-D  :)  :!: