They Shoot Pictures, Don't They?

Started by j_scott_stroup04, January 13, 2004, 03:44:16 PM

j_scott_stroup04

I was wondering if anybody on this site is aware of theyshootpictures.com?  If you're not, I strongly suggest that you visit this website as soon as possible.  Note: make sure you put it exactly what I wrote, no www. at the beginning.  

This place has a top 100 greatest directors of all time list.  a top 1000 greatest movies of all time list.  Almost any director you can name has their own page.  It's quite the interesting find.  I came across this site about 4 months back and have been hooked ever since.
"The sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"- Rolling Stones

"When I am King you will be first against the wall!"- Radiohead

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Quote from: SlorgIt works with the "www." too

NO!!! It was a trap!
context, context, context.

kotte

Great.

I never knew that site...

I feel like a newbie.  :oops:

j_scott_stroup04

I wasn't sure how popular that site was, but it seems like whenever I introduce that site to somebody, they are greatful.

Alethia

j_scott_stroup04

the movie was They Shoot Horses, Don't They?

socketlevel

yeah, really good film about dance marathons in the depression.  sydney pollack directed it.

cool site.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

Alethia

Quote from: j_scott_stroup04the movie was They Shoot Horses, Don't They?

and there was an independent movie called They Shoot Pictures, Don't They?...actually, come to think of it, I think it was called They Shoot Movies, Don't They?....im not sure which it was, it was one of the two, but it used to play on IFC quite frequently......But yes, they shoot HORSES, don't they?  is indeed a great movie by sydney pollack

EDIT - Yes, it was They Shoot Movies, Don't They?  sorry bout the mix-up, but it was a great little mockumentary, try to get ahold of a copy

MacGuffin

Quote from: ewardthere was an independent movie called They Shoot Pictures, Don't They?...actually, come to think of it, I think it was called They Shoot Movies, Don't They?

That's the one:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303141/
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks