More than 24 hours since we posted in the PTA section!!

Started by Find Your Magali, October 08, 2003, 11:18:50 PM

Find Your Magali

OK, folks...

It's been more than 28 hours hours since we've had a post in the PTA section of this board. This is unacceptable. :evil:

(Yes, I know we've had deep PTA discussions elsewhere, such as weighing the merits of Magnolia vs. Ocean's Eleven  :shock: and other such babble  ... but the king should be discussed in his own kingdom.)

So, what'll it be?

:: taps foot ::

Well, we could have a poll: Who's Your Favorite Tertiary Female Character in a PTA Flick? (My vote: Joanna Gleason in BN)

Nah, polls are getting old.  :P

How about this: How cool is it that critics are still heaping praise on the brilliance of Boogie Nights, as they compare it to the limp noodle that is Wonderland?

Or this: Under the theory that PDL is the first true great romance of the 21st century, what does the film say about the socio-economic, cultural, psychological and spirtual well-being of modern man?

Anyone, anyone?

Pedro

This forum will continue to be shitty until we have some true info about his next project.

Cecil

before, i used to think he wasnt that good. now i truly believe he sucks.

Find Your Magali

Quote from: Pedro the WombatThis forum will continue to be shitty until we have some true info about his next project.

With apologies to Ed Harris:

"Shitty is not an option. With all due respect, fellow posters, I believe this is gonna be our finest hour."

Quick, somebody write a masters' thesis on Hard Eight!

ono

*singing Barenaked ladies*  ...it's all been done.  Doo-doo-doo-doo!

Hehe, filmcritic even tried to dissect the nuances of Hard Eight already ... to no avail.  Yeah, we're basically waiting for PTA to get off his ass and tell someone what he's REALLY gonna do next.  Of course, there are others of us who think he was never really that food to begin with.  But we've already covered that.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Find Your MagaliIt's been more than 28 hours hours since we've had a post in the PTA section of this board.

How do you think the Cameron Crowe and Spielberg forums feel?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

aclockworkjj

ono

Quote from: aclockworkjjI liked Resident Evil.
Touche'.

Find Your Magali

Quote from: aclockworkjjI liked Resident Evil.

OK, it was a guilty pleasure for me, too.  :oops:

But let's stay on topic, people.

PTA, PTA, PTA.

Hmmmm, what if PTA had directed "Resident Evil" and included a "Wise Up" sing-a-long with the undead?

Cecil

i liked resident evil as well and cant wait for the promised directors cut

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Find Your Magali[Hmmmm, what if PTA had directed "Resident Evil" and included a "Wise Up" sing-a-long with the undead?
I woulda screamed...."fucker!!!, that wasn't in the video game!!!"

MacGuffin

A deadly virus has been unleashed on the population of Raccoon City. RESIDENT EVIL: Apocalypse is a terrifying adventure in survival horror.

Milla Jovovich (5th Element, Dummy) returns as ALICE, one of only two survivors of the contained biochemical disaster in the first RESIDENT EVIL, the $100 million hit that serves as a prologue to the all-out action and horror of RESIDENT EVIL: Apocalypse.

The film begins where the first film left off, with ALICE in the heart of the ravaged and deadly Raccoon City. She has been subjected to biogenetic experimentation by the vast Umbrella Corporation and become genetically altered, with super-human strengths, senses and dexterity. These skills, and more, will be needed if anyone is to remain alive.

ALICE is joined by JILL VALENTINE (Sienna Guillory – Time Machine, Helen of Troy), a recently demoted member of Umbrella Corp's elite Special Tactics and Rescue Services (S.T.A.R.S.), TERRI MORALES (Sandrine Holt - Once A Thief, Happy Hour), CARLOS OLIVIERA (Oded Fehr – The Mummy, Presidio Med), L.J. (Mike Epps – Next Friday, All About the Benjamins), and NICHOLAI (Zack Ward – Titus, Almost Famous) who must survive and escape what is quickly becoming a City of the Dead. To reach their goal, they will need to battle their way through the relentless onslaught of the ravenous undead, as well as Umbrella forces and terrifying bioengineered weapons, the most deadly of which is the colossal, heavily armed assassin, NEMESIS.

Also featured in RESIDENT EVIL: Apocalypse are Thomas Kretschmann (U-571, 24, The Pianist), Jared Harris (I Shot Andy Warhol, Mr. Deeds) and Sophie Vavasseur (Evelyn).

RESIDENT EVIL: Apocalypse will be released in 2004.

Teaser Trailer
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Find Your Magali

So, recasting it from a Paul W.S. Anderson movie into a PTA movie, you'd have:

-- Melora Walters as a butt-kicking, cocaine-snorting ALICE

-- Julianne Moore as the sexy, serious JILL VALENTINE

-- Nicole Ari Parker as gun-totin', trash-talkin' TERRI MORALES

-- CARLOS OLIVIERA re-envisioned through a PTA rewrite as the out-of-shape, comic-relief weapons expert ... Luis Guzman

-- Philip Seymour Hoffman with a bad-ass buzzcut as NICHOLAI

-- Philip Baker Hall as NEMESIS. No, this NEMESIS isn't 10-feet tall, with fangs and rocket launchers for arms. He's just a zombie with a sharp suit, a menacing sneer and the quickest draw in Raccoon City.

Resident Evil: Apocalypse

The Fifth Film By Paul Thomas Anderson

May 2004

"Scarier Than Matches Going Off In Your Pocket" :twisted:

Alethia

Quote from: Find Your MagaliSo, recasting it from a Paul W.S. Anderson movie into a PTA movie, you'd have:

-- Melora Walters as a butt-kicking, cocaine-snorting ALICE

-- Julianne Moore as the sexy, serious JILL VALENTINE

-- Nicole Ari Parker as gun-totin', trash-talkin' TERRI MORALES

-- CARLOS OLIVIERA re-envisioned through a PTA rewrite as the out-of-shape, comic-relief weapons expert ... Luis Guzman

-- Philip Seymour Hoffman with a bad-ass buzzcut as NICHOLAI

-- Philip Baker Hall as NEMESIS. No, this NEMESIS isn't 10-feet tall, with fangs and rocket launchers for arms. He's just a zombie with a sharp suit, a menacing sneer and the quickest draw in Raccoon City.

Resident Evil: Apocalypse

The Fifth Film By Paul Thomas Anderson

May 2004

"Scarier Than Matches Going Off In Your Pocket" :twisted:

that was truly brilliant

markums2k

I motion to lock the PTA forums indefinitely.  This thread shall be presented as Exhibit 'A'.   :wink: