The Hawk Is Dying

Started by El Duderino, May 17, 2004, 06:04:26 PM

El Duderino

According to Hollywood Reporter, Paul Giamatti ("American Splendor"), Sarah Polley ("Dawn of Dead") and Michael Pitt ("The Dreamers") will topline the indie drama, "The Hawk Is Dying" for Antidote Films.

Based on a novel by Harry Crews, the film tells the story of George Gattling (Giamatti), who's the owner of the University Custom Auto Shop and the disgruntled patriarch of his family – his divorced sister Precious, and her twenty-year old autistic son, Fred.

The story also focuses on George's involvement with a young graduate student (Polley), who is searching for a red-tailed hawk ... hence the title.

"Hawk" marks the sophomore directing effort for filmmaker Julian Goldberger, who made his debut with the drama, "Trans," in which he shot while he was still a student at the AFI.

sounds pretty cool
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

meatball

Quote from: El Duderinosounds pretty cool

That it does.

Pubrick

ok so this was posted like 9 months ago and it hasn't been updated with news trailers or nothing. that's ok cos it was probably made before the grapevine got its new description. so i'm locking it until macguffin can substantiate it with more than a shitty mention in sum paper i wipe my ass with. thanks.
under the paving stones.

cine

Quote from: Pubrickso i'm locking it until macguffin can substantiate it with more than a shitty mention in sum paper i wipe my ass with. thanks.
Hold on, wait.. why don't you buy toilet paper??

Pubrick

i read toilet paper and wipe my ass with the hollywood reporter.
under the paving stones.