Curb Your Enthusiasm

Started by Banky, October 06, 2003, 04:47:13 PM

Ravi

HBO: What do you think is the biggest misunderstanding about Larry David?

Weide: That you can reach him through e-mail or by leaving a message for him on the HBO web site. Larry doesn't have e-mail, doesn't own a computer and probably doesn't know what a web site is. He still writes in longhand.

Fernando

Quote from: KALNo news on Season 5 yet  :yabbse-angry:

HBO Unveils 'Extras,' 'Enthusiasm' in September.
(Friday, July 15 10:13 AM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) A new season of the Emmy-winning comedy "Curb Your Enthusiasm" will premiere on HBO in September.
The premium cable giant announced on Friday (July 15) that the fifth season of "Enthusiasm" will launch on Sunday, Sept. 25 at 10 p.m. ET, following a new episode of the drama "Rome." The Larry David comedy will be followed by the series premiere of "Extras," the new series from Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant of "The Office."

HBO has few hints about the new season of "Curb," which has earned three Emmy nominations for outstanding comedy series except to offer that like previous series, it will be limited to 10 episodes.

"Extras" features Gervais as Andy Millman, whose career is stuck in background extra parts. The series features cameos from a wide variety of industry heavyweights including Ben Stiller, Samuel L. Jackson and Kate Winslet. Be sure to savor "Extras," though, because the show's first series is only six episodes long.

Link

Kal

GodDamnImDaMan

HA! Now you fucks will take me serious! Afterall I was the one who told you all FIRST that the season would start in September.
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

Kal

You didnt say what year

GodDamnImDaMan

SHAFTR

Quote from: RaviHBO: What do you think is the biggest misunderstanding about Larry David?

Weide: That you can reach him through e-mail or by leaving a message for him on the HBO web site. Larry doesn't have e-mail, doesn't own a computer and probably doesn't know what a web site is. He still writes in longhand.

Larry David is definitely in my top 5 of people I want to meet.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Bethie

Quote from: SHAFTR
Larry David is definitely in my top 5 of people I want to meet.

Me too. The LAPD has already been contacted.
who likes movies anyway

GodDamnImDaMan

Okay fucko's the episode which has a cameo of my girlfriends acting teacher is set to be the second episode of the new season.

He'll be one of the people in the bathroom line questioning Larry David using the Handicap stall on account of his apparent "stuttering."

modage

i had never seen this show before since i didn't used to have HBO but we got this ondemand thing so i watched the entire 3rd season in the last 24 hours.  it was funny though i hate watching things out of order so now i will have to see the first 2 seasons ASAP.  most of the storylines seemed so much like they could've been lost seinfeld plots, (which was good).  as far as it being better than arrested, i guess i should see more before i make that call.  on first glance though i'm inclinded to say that they're not really comparable because of the different styles (scripted vs. improv).
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

Quote from: modagei'm inclinded to say that they're not really comparable because of the different styles (scripted vs. improv).
haha, any excuse will do..

"oh one's jerky camera-moves seem natural and the other is trying way too hard."
"oh one's an ensemble which according to ron howard's marketing department means a larger demographic can relate, while the other has single characters with more dimensions and complexity than an entire ensemble."
"of course! one is scripted so u'd think they'd hav better dialogue/story/characters, while the other 'made up on the spot' one has almost too much genius per episode with lines that hav already entered the pop culture lexicon."

i agree, there is no comparison.
under the paving stones.

Reinhold

i just love how the show actually captures all of the awkwardness that arrested speaks to. i like this show as much as i liked seinfeld, but for different reasons. see P's last post in this thread.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

modage

i guess i would still prefer Seinfeld, The Office and Arrested Development to this, but like i said i have to see the other 3 seasons.  more details later...
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ravi

Tomorrow's the big day...

Redlum

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas