"WHOA"!

Started by NEON MERCURY, May 17, 2003, 09:49:05 PM

NEON MERCURY

Which of these two actors has the definitive "whoa"?  Is it Reeves during his crazy -bill and ted- days or Lawrence of tv's "Blossom"?

My vote is for Joey. 8)

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

godardian

Quote from: tremoloslothJoey

Yeah, when you have to say it several times every single goddamn week for weeks and weeks on end, you get my vote.

Reeves's "whoa" was more of an awed sort of Valley tone.

Lawerence's "whoa" was more versatile. It could indicate: Awe, horniness, fear.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

modage

but with keanu, you can see how his WHOA has progressed over the years.  from bill and ted thru the matrix.  it really shows his evolution as an actor.  whereas it used to be more like "WHOA!" when he was younger and more inexperienced, now his whoa comes from a more relaxed place.  "Whoa."  he has truly mastered his craft.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

Find Your Magali

Quote from: NEON MERCURY..whoa..!

Was that "Whoa!" as in "Whoa! This thread isn't really happening, is it?"

TheVoiceOfNick

Keeanu definetly has the cooler "whoa"... that guy should be like an idol to would-be actors everywhere... he is so bad, but he is so successful!

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: TheVoiceOfNickKeeanu definetly has the cooler "whoa"... that guy should be like an idol to would-be actors everywhere... he is so bad, but he is so successful!

whoa.!

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Find Your Magali
Quote from: NEON MERCURY..whoa..!

Was that "Whoa!" as in "Whoa! This thread isn't really happening, is it?"

..whoa..!!

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: themodernage02.. he has truly mastered his craft.

..whoa!!!

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: TheVoiceOfNickhe is so bad, but he is so successful!

whoa??

.....everyone can join in...for the "whoa across xixax"..its kind of like in the 80's when they did the "hands across America.....  

..sorry .i couldn't help it........

MacGuffin

Bullock back with Reeves for 'Il Mare'

Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves have signed on to star in "Il Mare" for Warner Bros. Pictures. The project will mark the first reteaming of the actors since their 1994 action thriller "Speed." A remake of the Korean feature "Siworae," which also has been known by the title "Il Mare," the romantic drama follows a lonely doctor (Bullock) who begins exchanging love letters with a frustrated architect (Reeves), but they then discover they are separated in time by two years. Based on a screenplay by David Auburn ("Proof"), "Il Mare" will be directed by Argentinean helmer Alejandro Agresti ("Valentin") and produced by Roy Lee and Doug Davison of Vertigo Entertainment. Erwin Stoff also will receive a production credit. The executive producer is Mary McLaglen. "Il Mare" is set to begin production in March in Chicago and will be released worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

Quote from: MacGuffinBullock back with Reeves for 'Il Mare'
Whoa...
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Weak2ndAct

WHOA

admin edit: (keanu_heaves.jpg)

Myxo

Quote from: Weak2ndAct

Fucking sick!