On Native Soil

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, July 15, 2005, 03:52:03 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Swank, Costner to Narrate Sept. 11 Film
Fri Jul 15, 1:18 PM ET

NEW YORK -     Hilary Swank and     Kevin Costner will narrate the upcoming film "On Native Soil: The Documentary of the 9/11 Commission Report."

The actors will share voice-over duties for the feature-length film on the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks, directed by former NBC News producer Linda Ellman.

"I was in lower Manhattan that horrible day" when the World Trade Center collapsed, Swank said in a statement Friday. "I was drawn to the project by the amazing stories of the 9/11 families and survivors featured in the film, and I am proud that by contributing my voice to the project, I can help their voices to be heard."

"On Native Soil" will tell five stories of survival and examine the 9/11 Commission's final recommendations. The film features interviews with people such as the victims' families, Sen. John McCain (news, bio, voting record), a former     FBI counterterrorism official and the former head of the     CIA's Osama bin-Laden desk.

"I saw this film in a rough cut and wanted to become involved," said Costner. "It's honest, it's serious and it's not political. This film tells stories every American will and should want to know."
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye