Kung Pow 2

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, December 21, 2003, 11:40:05 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

What's the deal?  They had the trailer for it on Enter the Fist, which I thought was a joke, but rumors are getting tossed around, does anyone know if another is due?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

MacGuffin

Go here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exclusive Kung Pow Interview with Steve Oedekerk

You're already planning two more? Yeah, to finish off the story it really does arc through two more movies. The first story, what's driving the plot is really the chosen one getting revenge on the Evil Betty who killed his family when he was a baby. But there's an overall quest of the chosen one and he has the mark of the chosen one.

Will the sequels you have planned be quicker to make since you know how to do it now? Very much so. Almost everything that we did is now a proven pipeline, where at the time it was a very aggressive theory. Just the effects alone on this movie would have cost four to five times the budget if I had gone to a house to do them rather than setting up the effects myself. An interesting little sidebar, we ended up having more effects shot than any film in history, including Star Wars: Episode 1, with an altered goal than these other movies. Ours are mostly to make it look like an old crappy movie. Good job, we did it. But every single shot in the film had to go digital. We were up-res'ing, down-res'ing and then on top of that we had another 600 regular effects shot for the fighting baby, fighting cow, stuff like that.

Do you have Hong Kong films picked for parts two and three? I do. I've gone through so many movies, and as you so accurately cited, of the ones I went through where the entire film didn't really work, there were some dynamic characters. So, I have sort of a grab bag of stuff that could work. I'm in the process right now of basically honing the story and piecing together what films or film would be the best bet.

Can you tell me which ones? I can't. I could have before, but now this is officially Fox. I started out as an independent film, but now it's 20th Century Fox.

Entire interview here.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Xixax

The trailer on the first movie was a joke in the sense that it wasn't footage from any of the other films because they weren't and aren't made yet, although Steve had planned a trilogy from the start.

I'm glad to hear that Oedekerk is picking this one up again. I can't tell you how much my entire family has laughed our heads off at part one. It never seems to get old.

WEEoooWEEoooWEEEEEEEEE!

Also good to see that Fox is into it. Oedekerk has the resources both personally and professionally do the films on his own (thanks for his mega riches from screenplays and such and his O-Entertainment company), but I'm sure that some dough from a major player like Fox can only help to ensure that parts 2 and 3 see the light of day.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Fishbulb

Oedekerk really is a multi-talented guy. Besides Kung Pow, he has his Thumb movies, he wrote the screenplay for the "Jimmy Neutron" movie, and he's also directed live action movies like "Nothing to Lose" and the 2nd Ace Ventura movie. Abouit the only thing he's been involved with that I didn't like was "Patch Adams", but we're all allowed a few missteps.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Thanks, Mac.

I impatiently await the sequel(s).
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls