The Cow's Amazing Song Picks for Immediate Download

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, December 03, 2003, 11:30:08 PM

Thecowgoooesmooo

Ok Ok. So you click on the thread because of the title, I know.

The Cow's Amazing Song Picks for Immediate Download
(In random and in no particular order)

I have a extremely wide taste in music, and I'd like to share a few songs Ive got on my amazing playlists. If these songs are listed below, It's because I absolutely love them, and I want all of you to download them, and give me your opinion on the particular song you decide to listen to, and if you've already heard it, congratulations, we got somethin in common. You might hear some Woody Guthry and then hear some down south gangsta rap from me, who fuckin knows. Check out the songs below!

1.) Allman Brothers- Melissa (Great song about Melissa... Ahh.. How great she was...)

2.) CCR- Fortunate Song (This song makes me want to loot and plunder hundreds of viet cong villages.)

3.) T.I.- Rubber band man (Just gets me moving, his cd Trap Muzik is one more example of why the south is gettin so so big. Wild as the Tailaban)

4.) Dealership- For Sale (Oh how I can listen to this on repeat over and over)

5.) Iron Butterfly- In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (Apparently, the heroin addicts love this song, on or off heroin I love it. Great organ playin in this song)

6.) Moochie Mack- Jack N Tha Jacker (Great song that tells the story of the jack and the jacker, "Just keep cool, so I wont have to blast you")

7.) Prince- Trust (Listening to this, for some reason, gives me the urge to run around in crazy clown makeup spray painting priceless art...)

8.) The Beatles- Lucy in the sky with Diamonds (Greatest band of all time? Yes Chris they are, I agree with myself on this one.)

9.) Woody Guthrie- I ain't got no (I enjoy sucking on a few caramel candies while listening to this tune)

10.) The Get Up Kids- I'll catch you (I can't tell you guys, how much this song pulls at my emotions, great song)

11.) Dynamite Hack- Boyz N That Hood (great acoustic cover on Ice T's old classic hit, think one of my favorite covers ever on this genre...")

Just some random songs to start it off..... Tell me what you guys think of this playlist.

chris

NEON MERCURY

everytthings........ cool ............except for the get up KIDS

Thecowgoooesmooo

Quoteeverytthings........ cool ............except for the get up KIDS

I dont discriminate against Emo.

I embrace it.

You not into any emo? im not toooo big of a fan of the genre...

chris

classical gas

Quote from: Thecowgoooesmooo

2.) CCR- Fortunate Song (This song makes me want to loot and plunder hundreds of viet cong villages.)

If you mean "Fortunate Son", then I feel the complete opposite when I hear it.

Sigur Rós

Sigur's super trendy song picks:

Kings of Leon - Genius
The Modern Lovers - Pablo Picasso
Eighties B-Line Matchbox Disaster - Giant Bones
The Libertines - Time for Heroes
Regina Spektor - poor little rich boy
Mogwai - 2 Rights Make 1 Wrong
The Rolling Stones - She's a Rainbow
The Cooper Temple Clause - Music Box
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - In Like The Rose
And you will know us by the trail of dead - A Perfect Teenhood
The Blood Brothers - The Salesman Denver Max
The Distillers - Drain the Blood
.........I guess that would make one hell of a compilation.

Sleuth

Quote from: Sigur RósAnd you will know us by the trail of dead - A Perfect Teenhood

That's all you need really.  That one song on a CD 20 times.  Great band
I like to hug dogs

aclockworkjj

phil marlowe

frank zappa and the mothers - what's the ugliest part of your body
converge - hell to pay
tom waits - soldiers thing (THIS is one of the best songs in the WORLD)
massive attack - inertia creeps

freakerdude

Quote from: Thecowgoooesmooo1.) Allman Brothers- Melissa (Great song about Melissa... Ahh.. How great she was...chris
Cool to know someone else on here appreciates ABB. Blue Sky is a beautiful song but both have been played on radio a lot, thus burning ppl out.

Duane died midway during Eat A Peach and his last three recordings were Blue Sky, Les Brers In A Minor, and Little Martha (which properly ends the album). Sadly enough, Melissa was recorded after Duane's death and they had to finish the album. Dickey had to play all of the slide and lead on the rest of the studio songs. You can feel the effects of his death in Melissa and Ain't Wastin Time No More. His death was the reason why they included One Way Out and the 33 minute version of Mountain Jam, both from Live At The Fillmore East.
MC Pee Pants