Fiona sings "Frosty The Snowman"

Started by neatahwanta, November 26, 2003, 03:51:38 PM

neatahwanta

CHRISTMAS CALLING - IN STORES NOV. 25!
Christmas Calling is a wonderful compilation of Christmas classics and soon-to-be Christmas classics. This collection is a perfect blend of traditional and not-so-traditional Christmas music!
ORDER NOW!

Travis covers the beautiful "River," written by Joni Mitchell.

Macy Gray introduces us to the soulful, self-penned "What I Want For Christmas."

Fiona Apple brings us a delightful version of the Christmas favorite "Frosty The Snowman."

Tenacious D and Sum 41 team up on their heavy metal version of "All I Want."

Fuel, Phantom Planet, and Kaki King all deliver beautiful renditions of the Christmas Hymns "We Three Kings" (Fuel), "Carol Of The Bells" (Phantom Planet), and "O Holy Night" (Kaki King).

http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/ChristmasCalling/

modage

i read about this a week or two ago.  she already did a great live versino of "please come home for christmas", but a studio frosty would be cool.  i'm waiting for this to leak so i can add it to my christmas compilation cd.  along with the new jack white christmas song on the cold mountain sntk.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

not a big fan of fiona..reminnds me of a "thinking man's version of avril lavingne"....
but maybe her rendition of frosty will be as celebrated and stay true to the original like her version of across teh universe... :roll:

Pedro

Quote from: NEON MERCURYnot a big fan of fiona..reminnds me of a "thinking man's version of avril lavingne"....
what?

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Pedro el Fascolomis
Quote from: NEON MERCURYnot a big fan of fiona..reminnds me of a "thinking man's version of avril lavingne"....
what?

..nnot in terms of musical style but her aura..she reminnds me of one of those high school drama students that were tying too hard to be "artsy"

Pedro

i wouldn't say so at all....even if you dont like her "aura" what do you think of her music?  it's undisputably wonderful, i say.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Pedro el Fascolomisi wouldn't say so at all....even if you dont like her "aura" what do you think of her music?  it's undisputably wonderful, i say.
..i'm kind of "iffy" on her music....i don't think its that bad though...
i guess what really sealed the deal was her mtv music awards appearence where she went psycho...
granted, the mtv music awards is a joke but still....that was reallly bad
.it was like she was trying so hard to be "not-associated w/any of the MTV-ish crowd, etc."..but there' sother ways of doing so w/out showing out like she did...

Pedro

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
Quote from: Pedro el Fascolomisi wouldn't say so at all....even if you dont like her "aura" what do you think of her music?  it's undisputably wonderful, i say.
i guess what really sealed the deal was her mtv music awards appearence where she went psycho...
.it was like she was trying so hard to be "not-associated w/any of the MTV-ish crowd, etc."..but there' sother ways of doing so w/out showing out like she did...
ill buy that the mtv thing was a little stupid...but that was after tidal correct?

when the pawn. . .  is a far greater album, that shows lots of maturity on her part.  it actually sounds like she means what shes ranting about,

NEON MERCURY

ill buy that the mtv thing was a little stupid...but that was after tidal correct?

when the pawn. . .  is a far greater album, that shows lots of maturity on her part.  it actually sounds like she means what shes ranting about,

..i'll  actually might check that out.....i totally abanndoned her for the MTV thing and when the pawn....      released i din't pay any attention..but thanks for th insight...its duely noted  8)

ATTN:  BOARDMEMBERS:..THIS IS HOW YOU ARGUE W/ CLASS... :wink:

Pedro

..i'll  actually might check that out.....i totally abanndoned her for the MTV thing and when the pawn....      released i din't pay any attention..but thanks for th insight...its duely noted  8)
You should.  It's really amazing.

QuoteATTN:  BOARDMEMBERS:..THIS IS HOW YOU ARGUE W/ CLASS... :wink:
:yabbse-thumbup:

neatahwanta

but maybe her rendition of frosty will be as celebrated and stay true to the original like her version of across teh universe... :roll:

Didn't Paul once wish cancer on someone?

Pubrick

Quote from: neatahwantaDidn't Paul once wish cancer on someone?
word to the wise, neat. this is no longer a pta board. at least not officially.

meaning u can't win arguments by appealing to pta quotes and figures.
under the paving stones.

neatahwanta

got ya.

It was either that, or just post this-->

:cry: